No Signal Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolychaser

Beta member
Hey gang, I'm at my wits end so hopefully someone has a better idea. I'm at the point now where I think I may need to just start replacing parts.

So here's the deal:
Fairly new desktop (about a year old now) and it'll be running fine then I come back to find the computer is locked up. I have to manually restart it, to which I get 'No Signal Detected' on the monitor. Eventually I may get lucky and it comes up for a day or so before same thing happens.

What I'm working with:

Asus M3N mb (at work so I don't have the exact model)
AMD Quad core 3ghz processor
4G Corsair DDR3
(2) GeForce 8800 GT SLI
600w modular power supply
It's got CPU fan, RAM fan, rear fan, side fan, and fans on both vid cards so heat has never been an issue.

What I've tried:

Removed all components, cleaned them, reseated them.
Verified power to the board and all fans
Tried switching RAM slots, also tested each one individually
Verified HDD is spinning up and ran system disk check
Tried using each vid card individually and in each of the PCIe slots
Reset factory defaults in BIOS
Reset Cmos
Updated graphics drivers
Current on all windows updates
no spyware/malware
replaced motherboard with same

For about a month or so I would fiddle with various parts, reseating and what-not and eventually it would come up, but I of course had no real inkling as to why it suddenly felt like working, then day or later same thing all over again. It's off now and I haven't been able to get it back up at all. The only time I ever got beeps of any kind were when I had forgotten to plug a power cord back into one of the video cards.

I'm wondering if there's any real way to find out exactly what is causing the issue. At this point I'm figuring I'd start with replacing the power supply and go from there.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom