Which is better to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueae1405

Solid State Member
What I wanted to know is that is it ok to use generic Intel drivers to update my Intel HD graphics?

I have the Sony VPC-EB3QFX

I used the Automatically identify and find drivers thing and ran it and it said.

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics
Current Driver Installed 8.15.0010.2182
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Is it best to use the drivers that Sony gives me and not use the generic Intel drivers? The generic drivers did work when I tried it but is it still best to use drivers from Sony since my notebook is from them? If in the long run using generic drivers will have problems then I should use.

Use drivers from Sony. Generic ones from Windows ?Updates or whatever are not the most recent, therefore, you do not get all the performance out of it.

Well I have Windows 7 Home right now and I was going to get the latest drivers from Intel's website since that one is more updated. But is it still best to use drivers from Sony esupport page?

You usually go for the device manufacturers drivers page. So ati/amd or nvidia, etc for the drivers... However with laptops, getting the system makers drivers is the best idea. Unless you know exactly what youre doing.

MSUpdates is usually a few veesions behind for things like video cards by nvidia and amd.

Well this is the version of drivers from Sony esupport website.

Latest drivers from Sony website

Version :

Last Modified :
09/21/2010

This is the latest version from Intel.com website

Version:

Date:
12/08/2010

As you see the Intels website is more current. But is it still best to use the older version Sonys custom made driver? I would assume soon Sony will update there drivers but I just wanted to know if it's ok to just uninstall the Sony drivers and install Intels drivers that is more updated.

See, some system makers tweek the drivers to work with their setup.

The sony one isn't really old, but if youre compitent with computers, go ahead with the intel one. Odds are it'll be just fine.

BTW, i believe sonys version is a 15.10.2.18 version, not really an 8 etc

Well some people have said this to me.

"I would say that while there may be no harm done by updating to the generic driver, the Sony driver will be more adapted to your hardware. So if I were you, I would keep it the same.

I also think that the large gap in version number is due to Sony using a different system to number their versions of the software, rather than yours being out of date."

So maybe Sony have updated the hardware on the Intel HD so that's why the drivers are different. I think they did add more features on the Intel HD that Sony made. People have also said that Sony or Dell etc usualy add more features on the original hardware that's why the drivers are different.

I thought it I got the more updated version from Intel then it will play my games better that's all. Usualy the latest version of drivers play games better. But I guess if the Sony one is the latest then I should probley use it. I just noticed also that the Intel driver is newer on when it was made though.

Sony was made in 09/21/2010

Intel was made in 12/08/2010

As you see the Intel one is more later made so I thought it was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom