(Wiring tricks??) How to avoid this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I have this log of connectors in my back panel. I had to take the panel off after a couple of scares when the pump didn't come on. 0_o

This log gets kinda warm. Not good....... What can be done to avoid this log of molex in the center-ish of the pic? I'm done with this case, so as soon as I get around to it sometime in 2011, I'm gonna get another case and redo the entire setup.

wiresy.jpg

I'm not too proud of this setup right now. It's a mess and needs to be redone.. My second attempt and it's been pulled apart, rewired, modded and hacked too many times. Time to start over. This case is done but my buddy will prolly take it.

if I move at all the connector the pump will shut off, along with a fan and my cathodes. It's really touchy where it is right now. I want to do those cable clamps on the next build to neaten the back up, but I swap stuff out so frequently, It'll be on and off a lot. But hopefully after this next build I won't be touching it for a while.
rigf.jpg

THAT's what I was thinkin of.. Just couldn't remember it.. Just gotta probe the connector to see what voltage is on what section. My pump plugs into a different spot on the connector vs my lights. Should just be a 12v rail, right? Just wondering how to do it for 1 in and 4 out, persay. Without jumping too many connections.

Picture123.jpg

Well, technically, you can run one in one side and put the 4 onto the other side. All onto 1 set of screws.

Infact it is 1 into 4. You can see the right side has 2 in, the black, and they loop up the connectors.

I have the same issue, my pump actually shut off and I didn't notice it, thankfully, the water still circulated due to heat, but, it was a fire hazard, literally, as one of the plugs had melted.

^ Then your name DOES apply to something.. Kinda.. :lol:

But yeah.. Mine stopped and I thought ......I ..........Smelt something.... Looked over and the coolant was bubbling in the CPU block.. I just yanked the cord out from the back of the rig and killed it. "WHAT THE HECK!!" tore the back panel off to check the connections and it's been off since.

I like how my case was set up better than his. The 900 and 1200 get great benefit from doing this style of power distribution because they use all molex fans. You can also easily hook up other kinda fans as well as WC pumps this way.

dscn0843d.jpg

dscn0844m.jpg

dscn0845y.jpg

dscn0846l.jpg

dscn0847u.jpg

dscn0848r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom