Graphics card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby93

Baseband Member
I bought a ATI radeon hd 2900 xt for £40 to replace my 2600 xt. It doesn't come with any power adapters or whatever they are (don't really know what i'm on about.) I think it is a 6 pin and an 8 pin pci-e adapter?? Does anyone know where I can get these cheap in the UK and how much they would cost.
Links to websites would be much appreciated.
I can also post links of the adapters and the PC if needed.
Cheers, James

Just checking :D Will it work for this? And where will it plug in from the graphics card?

Cool, your psu can power it just fine.

According to ATI, you can run it with 2 6 pins, but need 6 and 8 pins for max performance they say.

Connection to 550 Watt (750 for CrossFire™) or greater power supply with two 2x3-pin PCIe® power connectors is required.
For enhanced performance with ATI Overdrive™, a power supply with one 2x3-pin and one 2x4-pin PCIe® power connector is required

Thanks for all your help guys... I'm going to see if they have any in my local computer shop and hopefully they won't cost me a bomb lol. And also I'm not too sure if 250mm will be long enough :s I'll have a check when I turn the computer off.

Cheers, James

BUMPY BUMPY :D I would like someone to tell me if it would work as I would like to order the parts I need ASAP.

Thanks, James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom