Rate the Wire Management Above You!

lolk, my bad. See, cable management def isn't my thing.
Putting the card in its top spot would hardly make its power cable less intrusive, at most it'd correct the angle to be a straight 90 instead of being slightly warped. Maybe I'd dock .1 or .2 off for that. If the highest score is 9.5/10, that still leaves you 1.4 or 1.3 points to dock off somewhere else.

The bottom front panel cables being wrapped around the power cables are fine, it's just that red/black cable (front panel speaker connector?) that makes it look messy. That could be hidden I guess. - dock .3
The fan cable at the bottom could have been hidden behind the power cables instead of going over them - dock .2
And lastly, yeah there seems to be something behind the hdd trays that isn't tied down. - on hold.

Seems to me that at minimum, score should be 8.8

Yea my case would be neater but when they built this hunk of junk they didnt have cable management in mind -.-

OK Soul, I got it all cleaned up for you, now CRITICIZE ME!!!! :wtf:

IMG_0857.jpg

There any way to better hide that back fan cable? It's pretty short...

How would I put that under my mobo tray?? Unless I'm not sure what you mean.

Header Cables? You mean front port cables? I just don't feel the need to do so.

Soul never complained about them being visible. I figured this wasn't a need. He just said to make it look neater than previous, and well, here we are.

Ok then...*deep breath* lol
The fan power cable at the top right could be hidden behind the mobo tray, and the sata cables could be stacked together more neatly near the bottom/middle right. Also the front panel cables could be ziptied together. Apart from that, nice work!

I went by what Soul said. If you think he's a lunatic, fine. I'm happy.

Edit: and the HDAUDIO jack wouldn't fit behind the PSU, not enough clearance.

Lol dude, I didn't say run them out in the full open like that though. In your previous pic, they were hidden behind the tray ok, but they were all spread out. Just binding them together and running them in a straight line (i.e. shortest possible distance) between the hdd trays and the mobo tray would be best.
For me, I had to unscrew my PSU, pull it away from the side so I could put in the front panel cables better, then push the PSU back and screw it back in.

Also yha, a simple 90 degree rotate of that top left fan will hide the cable better.

Oh, OK Soul. I did rotate that fan. So that's all set. I am quite glad that I got those SATA cables cleaned up :p

Well, a project for another day. ;)

This is an unfinished fun project ive been working on. This rig is quite old and it holds alot of memories of the good old days. Its not exactly the same as my rig i had for like 4 years (back in the day) but its close enough. Just figured id share =D

dscn1597hf.jpg

You can see a few snibbits of wires but only cause they wanted to come out and say hi to the camera.

Back
Top Bottom