Thinking about i7 Update..... Help with mobo selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sli 3 already has 2 x16 slots that will operate at full x16 speed when both are used. if you use all 3 x16 slots though, the bottom 2 will revert to x8 speed.

No, the sli 3 is 16/8/8

I'm only worried about double x16 as i want to keep the board for a while... like my 680i has lasted.

I would only tri to fold ;)

The 50 bucks after getting back my mir is the nice part. Plus i wouldn't have to get a extension on my 8 pin to accomidATE the oddc 8 pin spot on a sli 3.

I've triple checked all the boards and bthe nh-d14 fits past the heatsink..... its on youtube so it must be true.

Nah it's easy.
1. Decide what features are a must have (e.g dual x16 slots, USB3.0, SataIII, 7.1Ch, RAID 5 support, etc)
2. Find boards that match those features + correct socket type (should narrow down choices to maybe 5-8 boards?)
3. Weigh up extra features vs price

Sorry for intruding but why are those LGA 1366 mobo's costing over 300's bucks ?
I was on newegg.com on october and november and their prices weren't like that for those boards.
The highest price I seen was nearly 249.00 for a asus, evga and I think gigabyte.
The AMD AM3 boards are less but they spike up to nearly 200.00 bucks depending on what you want and chipset.

Not trying to start anything I am just saying prices are bouncing through the roof!

These boards are the upperish end oc'ing boards... the average boards are around 2 to 250, with higher boards over 300, all the way to 600!

They make $150 ones, but things like the pci-e slots being 16/8/4, number of usb headers, usb3 and sata 6Gig, and finally the build components and their stability in high overclocks raise up the price.

Yha unfortunately that sabertooth is a 1156 board... the 9 series i7s are 1366 boards.

That and I'm loking for a bit better board, as i want to keep it for 3ish vyears.

But thanks, everyones, new or old, opinion is up for consideration.

Went and finally pulled the trigger.

x58A-UD3R hopefully for 210 and some ocz golds agt 8-8-8-24... for 80 bucks after a 15 mir.

Now to save up for my folding beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom