Is this graphics card a killa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagonLife

Beta member
About a couple years ago, I was playing games on my brother's computer when it suddenly started freezing up and refused to boot. The PSU blew, and a couple parts were minced (I replaced the processor and a faulty stick of ram if I'm not mistaken). His graphics card, an XFX Geforce 6800 512mb ddr3 gfx card, kept acting bizarrely after this, and whenever it was in the computer the pc would freeze completely or I'd get weird messages on the screen saying that the graphics card didn't have enough power.

That was a couple years ago. Since then, I've taken his graphics card out, but my brother is now coming home and I've been fixing the PC up for him. It works totally fine with my old AGP graphics card, and I still have his XFX card. I want to try it one more time to make sure it's faulty, but my concern is that the graphics card could be faulty, blew, and destroyed the other components that I had to replace - is this possible? If not, I'll try it out again but I really can't afford to replace more stuff if it is the card that's frying parts.

Oh, also this is my first post here, so hi everyone and thanks in advance for any advice.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom