upgrading gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbetenia1

In Runtime
im looking to upgrade my pc. my specs are in my signature and i have a budget of around $500. thanks everyone

well lets see with that kind of mula you could upgrade your cpu, mobo, ram and possibly a nice video card as well. i would find all the parts of your right now but its 4am and i need to sleep lol so ill do it when i wake up unless someone beats me to the chase.

ASUS EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Mobo + AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz
Newegg.com

Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Newegg.com

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) FPB EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Newegg.com

- Total: $468.96

+ $35.00 Back in Mail-in Rebates

+ Free Mushkin Enhanced Mulholland 2GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Should give you a good boost for a while! :)

If its over $500 its not a big deal. I just threw that number out there as a ballpark number but my budget is a bit more flexible than that.

Switching out the GTX 460 for that 5770 (128bit, ew) to save money for the X6 core is a waste. He would see similar numbers with the X4.

With the rest of the cash saved by going with my suggestion you could still buy a new game / some new fans + cold cathodes if you wanted haha

Check this if you don't believe me - EVGA GTX460 1GB Superclock Review - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Capture-2.png

3dMark06.png

so actually i got a gift card to new egg for christmas so my budget went up a bit. i now have around $700 to spend on upgrading my pc. thanks everyone for your input.

For gaming, I think i5 760 is better than any of these X6 processors

And sandy-bridge is going to be launched in January 9 next year. You better wait for 1 month for a new processors than upgrading now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom