My dad needs a cheap laptop asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
Like the title says. So tell me what you think. The budget is $350 but the cheaper the better. I dont know alot about laptops but i did a little research tonight and i was looking at something like

THIS

He had a Dell latitude D630 with a Centrino (cant remember prob like 1.6ghz) with windows XP professional. and it worked fine for him. kinda slow but it did not bother him much. Basically all he used it for is email. some word documents. some excel. some web browsing, and the occasional youtube video.

any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the late response. But he has only used XP. So i think he would just like to stick with that, even though w7 is supposedly awesome. I just don't see him using all the new extra features and learning a new os.

I don't think he cares to much about screen size. HE just doesn't want something real small. So I'm not sure if he would like something small as the Eee. ill run it by him but I'm thinking the answer is no. He really wants to keep it on the cheap. and have something thats similar to what he had.

Most the time he will use it in the office which has the router so he will be wired most the time. But i would like it to have a wireless adapter in case he ever wants to use the Internet while out of the office or at a hotel.

I like the one you posted. The price is great. but it does have less HDD space, memory, and processing power and im not sure if it has wireless. But then again it comes from newegg which is more reliable than some Ebay sellers

I mean as of now its probably between the one you(Mind) posted and the one i have posted in the OP.

How hard is it to pop another stick of ram into a laptop?

I forgot about this. you can get this too:

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...px?rn=1107&SC=lowToHigh&c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

Dell Outlet store. Like refurbished, but refurbished straight from Dell. It does not have XP, but if you have the money to buy an OEM and know how to setup XP, that can be another route.

The RAM depends on where it is located. It is usually located it a compartment on the bottom. But some have it under the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom