xfx 5770 core clock and mem speeds stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
alright well here is my issue. my video cards clocks are supposed to be at 850mhz and mem at 1200mhz.

But there stuck at 400mhz and 900mhz. Ive tried new drivers and Ive tried old drivers. they work at the correct speeds right after i install drivers but soon after they fail and go to 400mhz and 900mhz.

ive been trying to figure it out for a week now, im stumped. any ideas on why this is happening

What are you using to detect the clock speeds? I have the exact same card, and in GPU-Z, I see the correct speeds as you indicated.

i leave the catalyst control center open on my second monitor when playing games and normally i can watch the clocks jump up and down depending on load. but as of 4 days ago there just stuck. and no they don't there just stuck, only time there at there right clock speeds when gaming is when i reinstall the drivers but that only last for about 5 mins then they down clock and just wont budge.

As far as i can see, those low clocks are what the card uses when it uses it's "dynamic power management" feature. basicly what that does is lower the clocks when the card goes is not doing anything demanding. this obviously saves power. it appears thats it is stuck in this "power saving" mode. What you could do is download something like MSI Afterburner and manually set the clocks and apply them. Might work, might not but worth a try.

Maybe you could do a little OC'ing while your there ;)

setting clock manually doesn't it just stays stuck at those speed. work i have a feeling the core is faulty. i started up fallout new veges and there were glitchs everywhere patches of the screen were different colors and when i try to play a 1080p movie it hangs and plays like its in slow motion but normal res movies 480 p play fine

also ive know there the power saving speeds i just figured it might of been from the new drivers. but after tinkering with drivers and a few other things. im just gonna rma it just gotta by a cheap one to get me by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom