Graphics Performance List

Added the GTX 580, 465 and 460 for tonight. 460 is under the 465 because the score is averaged between the card's size variations. If it wasn't for the 786Mb version, it'd be on top. In fact, even with the 786 it's still so close that really they should be on the same line.

Nice. I was completely unaware of the 465 being worse than the 460 1GB. I guess really they should even be on the same line as the 285.

I was recently given some ideas for an upgrade that included the * GIGABYTE AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard (Model: GA-880GMA-UD2H).
The motherboard has HD4250 graphics which will leave your current graphics in the dust.
Trotter
Not questioning a grandfather to TF, but where would this fit among these?
And would you respond to Sniper_13's quote
To answer your question about the processor, yes this is newer than dual cores and preforms much better, The motherboard Trotter picked out has a built in Graphics card (HD4250) But if you plan on doing any graphical things like Photoshop or Light Gaming i would recommend getting the Video card i mentioned.(Saffire100287VGAL Raedon 5670)

Maybe to get a better understanding of what Im looking into check my question here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/newbie-alert-pc-build-pc-up-grade-239394/#post1864393

Your input is greatly appreciated.

I'll be adding the 6xxx series next, do my research today and post up either today or tomorrow. I'll also finish off the 4xx series

I would never say 'very close' compared to the 9800GT, even 'close' is pushing it a little sometimes. I'll do some more research though, see if I can find a review with updated drivers for both parties.

edit: quick look suggests 5670 > 9600GT, but supports the 9800GT > 5670 easy. Considering the benchies were usually Catalyst 9 drivers for the 5670, and the 9800GT used 197s, the difference should be even higher (because nvidia's driver releases since then have given more performance increases than ati's ones.)

I would never say 'very close' compared to the 9800GT, even 'close' is pushing it a little. I'll do some more research though, see if I can find a review with updated drivers for both parties.

In Anandtech's launch review of the HD 5670 it beat the 8800gt in Crysis Warhead and Far Cry 2 while narrowly loosing in most of the other games tested. Granted the 8800gt is still better overall without question however that doesn't seem to justify putting the 5670 below the much slower 9600gt. It would be nice to see how the last year of driver updates affected things though.

Yeah it's closer to the 8800GT than the 9800GT, if only by a little, but yeah I agree it should be above the 9600GT
See above edit

Now i just gotta find a few reviews with 3850's and 2900's lol

Back
Top Bottom