ASUS G60VX upgradeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually in the process of attempting to OC it. So far, I've reached 2.66 GHz and have only hit 62*C using IntelBurnTest and Speedfan.

Don't. One, most laptops will not allow you to OC. Two, you are already at a high temperature. Cut off temp is usually ~80C. You could damage your laptop by doing this. I only Trust Everest, Coretemp or HWMonitor for temps.

That temp was under maximum load using IntelBurnTest.

It's actually stable at higher frequencies as well. I tested it at 2.75 GHz and the temps only got to 72*C. Intel Burn Test also said the CPU was stable. That is 18* from the maximum of 90*C. If I do decide to keep it OCed, I will leave it at 2.66 GHz. My temps do not exceed 70*C at that frequency. From 2.13 -> 2.66, I am gaining quite a bit, so I don't want to push my luck.

I'd advise to keep an eye on the temps if you decide to OC, as MoM said OCing laptops can be dangerous given the limited airflow and small heatsinks. You sound like you've got it under control though

Sorry but i dont think upgrading your laptop is worth it. You talking about spending how much money to get 400MHz? Sorry but that will not produce any noticeable difference.

Thanks for the advice Mak. I was able to overclock up to 2.66 GHz while maintaining stability and temps below 70*C under the maximum possible load.

So now, I am equivalent to a P8800 for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom