overclocking question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here ya go. All thats wrong is you Motherboard is just set the defaut safe speed of 266 which in the bios will be 133 amd's are doubled. you have 2600XP thats a barton core 333Mhz. So just go into the bios and change the FSB to 166Mhz. (that will be 333Mhz) That is the correct setting for a Barton core. And that IS NOT overclocked it will be running at the speed its suppose to be.
Hope that helps if not post again.

i have an older gatway that has a 450 celeron processor i just got a celeron 900 ..i checked the bios and the fsb is at 66mhz.. i know that isn't the right fsb for the 900.. i wanted to change the value there but i cant seem to get to the option in bios what other options do i have to up the fsb and how so i do it...

if you have a guide for your mobo look for any part that specifies the jumpers on your mobo. if you are lucky it will have jumper setups for all the different frequencies your board supports. if you dont have a guide then find out your mobo name, you can use cpu-z or dxdiag if im not mistaken to find out mobo name and then search online for a guide. if not try to enter your bios and look for a frequency control item and select the correct one.

if you have a system built by dell or one of those larger companies you may just be ****ed man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom