Laptop being weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
Hello, my Dell Studio 1558: (Core i5 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Radeon 5470, 7 Home 64-bit) seems to be having problems loading the desktop. It loaded up, wallpaper displayed however some icons were missing or didn't have images?! It also said "preparing your desktop" as if it was doing it for the first time.. I then restarted it and it all loaded up fine. A week or so ago it said it couldn't load my account so loaded some crappy account which didn't have my wallpaper but the standard Dell wallpaper that was on it when I got it :/ I'm not too sure what is causing it to act sparadically. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers.

Anything you did lately? Installed a program? Any Windows Updates? I think your HDD or OS is going loopy.

Do a chkdsk /r on your hard drive. If you can, I would then try a System Restore to the last latest date. Something seems to be corrupt.

My laptop is acting strangely as well. The dreaded blue screens keeps shutting down my computer at random moments. I wasn't doing anything that required a lot of power, just checking my e-mail or facebook. It's happened about 5 times in the past two weeks and I'm starting to think that something is seriously wrong. If anyone can give me any words of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated.

My laptop is acting strangely as well. The dreaded blue screens keeps shutting down my computer at random moments. I wasn't doing anything that required a lot of power, just checking my e-mail or facebook. It's happened about 5 times in the past two weeks and I'm starting to think that something is seriously wrong. If anyone can give me any words of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated.
Start a new post with your laptop and specs and I'll be glad to help.

I ran both chkdsk and chkdsk /r both reporting 0 problems, am very confused, today it has been runnign very briskly with no problems. If it does it again... I may cry.

Also I didn't get a copy of Windows with my laptop which I kinda expected... bit strange?

You most likely have a Recovery partition on you HDD. If no disc included. Try a System Restore. Go back to the latest date before you were having thes problems.

I can't remember when they started happening, system restore is something I'm not a massive fan of :p I would rather start fresh, it's still running fine today however...I THINK it happens soonish after playing FIFA 11 however cannot say for certain that that is what is causing the issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom