CPU cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
I'm considering getting a new cpu cooler.

I have a Sunbeam 92 CCF. I want something with better performance and under $60.
Any ideas?

I'd go with the Noctua. Build quality is unparalleled, it runs silent even when at max load, and it works pretty darn well. What more could you want?

I'd go with the Noctua. Build quality is unparalleled, it runs silent even when at max load, and it works pretty darn well. What more could you want?
Well I think I might be sold on it than. Sounds like a good thing. Now lets hope I can squeeze the cash.

EDIT: Does the Noctua come with the AMD compatibility back plate?

From what I read it doesn't and buying one puts me over budget. Ideas?

EDIT EDIT: Ok after some thought I don't want to settle and I want to go ahead and get th NH-U12 but I'll need to save up. I'd rather be patient than have buyers remorse because I went with something else.

Thanks guys.

The instructions for the balder were it's only weak point, as they were extremely unclear about AMD installation. However, I did end up using the stock bracket and it's worked fine so far.

I had just suggested the Balder because it's cheap and works really well. I ran it with a push/pull config to get temps that low. I totally support that Noctua, though; I'm glad I didn't have the money or else I'd have bought that (glad because I wouldn't even come close to needing it).

Well all in all I decided to wait on it and get the best since I want to start doing some OCing. But I'll need to save either way. Atleast for now I have a decent aftermarket cooler so I'll be good for the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom