Novice OCer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you increase your voltage in 'steps' (or 'notches' if you will). E.g. If your motherboard increments voltage in 0.00625v amounts, then going from 1.30000v to 1.30625v is one 'step'. Next step would be 1.31250v (an increase of 0.00625v from the previous setting).

Epic how slay got it to 4 GHZ in one post lmfao. Can you overclock your CPU but get it to clock back down when Idling/Not using much power? Like Cool n quiet, or isn't it possible? If it is then maybe I'll OC my new system. 4

Epic how slay got it to 4 GHZ in one post lmfao. Can you overclock your CPU but get it to clock back down when Idling/Not using much power? Like Cool n quiet, or isn't it possible? If it is then maybe I'll OC my new system. 4

You would want to enable this settings, put I don't recommend it. They can cause stability issues going from one extreme to another.

C1E Support - Enabled
CPU TM Function - DEnabled
Intel Speedstep Tech - Enabled
Intel C-State Tech - Enabled

Alright, Soul made me!!!! :cry:

I now pumped it up to 4.21Ghz, with CPU voltage at 1.3125

I see a lil' temperatue change, just a 2C difference. On idle, it likes to sit at an averaged 36C. Linx made it go up to 71 for a split second. Otherwise, it stays in the upper 60s. Still a beautiful temp IMO.

(Yes Yami, I'll update my sig now)

4.21Ghz? With a BCLK of 200 and an multi of 21, that should be a solid 4.2Ghz (or very very close). 10Mhz seems like too much variance, what program told you it was at 4.21?

Well done with your OC btw :D

My mobo has a 10MHz variance in both CPU-Z and RealTemp, I wouldn't worry about it :D
4210q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom