Another AGP Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Does increasing the AGP Voltage help stability with an overclock...as well as add heat obviously too, but still...I can't OC my card very far so I was wondering if putting it from 1.5 to 1.6 AGP Voltage would get it further.

well I was mainly wondering if it would indeed add a little stability, but yeah I knew it'd add heat....I don't think I'll do it though cause in 3dmark03 on the rag troll test the environment they were in was nothing but colors so that was the only 'artifacts' I saw.....don't think my card can use anymore heat and I think that's what destroyed the first one...cause the manufacturer sent the replacement back with a bigger heatsink and fan and more little heatsinks and some capacitors lol

Raising the voltage will help in stabalizing the video card.

The increase in heat will make it harder to raise the frequencies with the same level of stability (without the GPU and VRAM being sufficiently cooled).

The environment (case temperature) will also have an impact on the final results. But I don't think you will have any problem with that!

Yeah the environment is pretty cool alright lol but I don't think it has sufficient cooling. I need something much better than this standard fan allbeit still bigger than the original one. Suppose they knew those cards were overheating or something. I really don't care to buy good VGA cooling at the moment though so it's not biggie. I'm first going to get the corsair memory which BTW ag3 I responded to your PM about it..it's command rate is actually 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom