Question About Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eesioh

Solid State Member
Okay so, I have asked this before, and I got a great answer. The reason I'm back is because there was an unexpected problem and the mobo I was going to buy went out of stock. So I'm wondering if anyone would mind making sure these items would work fine together.

Processor-

Newegg.com - Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E7500

Memory-

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Motherboard-

Newegg.com - ASUS P5P43TD/USB3 LGA 775 Intel P43 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I'm pretty sure it will all work. The only thing that is bothering me is that on the Memory it says "Compatible with Dual Channel Intel Core i5 CPU for P55 chipset motherboard, Dual Channel Core i7 CPU for P55 chipset motherboard, and AMD AM3 Platform."

The motherboard I am thinking about getting is a P43 chipset. So I don't know if that is a problem or not. Thanks for any help. :)

I didn't realise anyone was still releasing LGA 775 motherboards :p

Yeah, it's all compatible.

I didn't realise anyone was still releasing LGA 775 motherboards :p

Yeah, it's all compatible.

So there is no problem with the ram being p55 and the mobo being p43? Thanks for the help.

The RAM is DDR3; it'll work in any DDR3 slot, designed for that speed. The motherboard specs say it takes up to 1600MHz, which the RAM is.

The RAM only says it's 'compatible' with P55 and AM3 because that's what it's officially been tested on. But there's no reason it won't work on any other DDR3 chipset.

Are you going to buy the CPU + Mobo + RAM? If so I recommend that you consider other options, like P55 or AMD, since the socket 775 is a generation old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom