Need some suggestions for a new mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Feet

In Runtime
I had a Logitech wireless G7 that served me well for 3 years until dying recently. Right now I'm just using a cheap $10 wired mouse.

I liked the fact that the G7 was wireless and it had a nice feel to it. I'm not sure if it was the most precise or best tracking mouse but it worked ok for me.

I'm not ruling out a wired mouse but I really got use to the feel of wireless.

Right now I'm debating whether or not to buy another G7 or try something different, and looking for suggestions/opinions.

I was reading your thread and was looking at that Razer mouse. From what I've been reading people either love or hate the Razer line of mice. I would like to try one and the price on that Razer Lachesis is pretty good. My hands are big so a small mouse wouldn't be good for me.

I have the 4000dpi Lachesis and i like it. However i would also like to have the razer mamba, but it is a good bit more. I'll probably pick it up eventually, but the Lachesis is fine. You wont be disappointed with it.

I was reading your thread and was looking at that Razer mouse. From what I've been reading people either love or hate the Razer line of mice. I would like to try one and the price on that Razer Lachesis is pretty good. My hands are big so a small mouse wouldn't be good for me.

Yeah, Razers are a different breed of mice. It is best to try the feel of one before you buy to make sure you will like it. Best Buy will gladly open one up and let you get a feel of it. The Lachesis is nice and long and fits my hand well. I really like the long mouse buttons.

Love my Razer but the shape I'm sure can be a bother to some. You can also take a survey on Razer's site to help you find a mice for your style.

I HIGHLY recommend the Mamba. The price is high but it has no loss wireless and is a full size mouse with a charging dock that doubles as the wireless dongle. I've tried it myself and it's definitely high end.

^True dat. The rule of thumb is razer mice you use the base of your palm and your finger tips mostly. Logitech you palm it. You can mis-match obviously if you want to, but they feel best like that.

I had a Logitech wireless G7 that served me well for 3 years until dying recently. Right now I'm just using a cheap $10 wired mouse.

I liked the fact that the G7 was wireless and it had a nice feel to it. I'm not sure if it was the most precise or best tracking mouse but it worked ok for me.

I'm not ruling out a wired mouse but I really got use to the feel of wireless.

Right now I'm debating whether or not to buy another G7 or try something different, and looking for suggestions/opinions.
Check out the Logitech G700. I actually went in to Frys recently with the intention of buying a Mamba but settled with the G700 and im glad i did.

Ok, I just ordered the Razer Lachesis from Amazon. It looks like a good deal. Thanks everyone for the input. If I don't like it, I'll put it on ebay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom