FX5200 and MX4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonHawk

Baseband Member
Hey all,

For quite sometime I have had problems with my FX5200. I was wondering, should I actually downgrade to get the MX4000? I have heard that my FX5200 absolutely sucked and should be avoided at all costs, it was too late more me. So, does anyone think I should actually downgrade? As well, I can only get a PCI card as I do not have an AGP slot; if I shouldn't get the MX4000 then which PCI card would you recommend that I would get the best performance out of? Any help would be appreciated...

Well, you are comparing a mainstream card with another mainstream card. But the FX5200 is a generation ahead. Even though the FX5200's DX9 performance is crap, it's better than the MX4000's DX7 performance.

yeah yeah, but if u can, just save up and get like the x700xt for like $199USD. it will b kickass. and it will be better than the 9800Pro.

Joeisalsocool said:
Dont forget, the FX series have pixel shaders, and shader model 2. These completley surpass any geforce 4. :D

What good does a Mainstream FX card could do if it only has good graphics and poor performance? A TI4200 will blow it away (performance wise).

on the contrary, a 5200 or 5400 will do much better on newer games, that require different types of rendering. For instance FarCry, or Doom 3, Half Life 2.

Joeisalsocool said:
on the contrary, a 5200 or 5400 will do much better on newer games, that require different types of rendering. For instance FarCry, or Doom 3, Half Life 2.

You might possibly be right, although the performance will not be so smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom