Shopping for New Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Hey im new to these Forums i had a question though... ill be getting a new Gaming Computer in a month or so... and i was looking at this Build to Order comp at Tigerdirect.com its 64 3200+ AMD athlon with 80 gb hd but im gonna upgrade it to 160 gb harddrive and it has a 128mb video card and 2 cd roms it seems like a good computer.. i built this computer about a yeara go its a 2.6 AMD athlon with 40 gb hd and its workin well but i want a Gaming computer. and i hate HP and other Popular Computers they seem to tear up fast so im thinking this computer im planning on gettin is a good deal for what its got has anyone experience this computer if so could you give me any details about it thanks... here the link http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=925775&CatId=1484

I think that if you were to build your own you would be able to get a better bang for your buck. If you answer a couple questions I'll be happy to help suggest some parts for you.

(1) How much money are you willing to spend as a maximum?
(2) Do you have any old parts that you would be using, or is it a completely new build?
(3) Do you need a complete system, as in a monitor, speakers, etc., or just the computer itself?

That's the thing i don't want to build a computer again i built this computer a year ago and dont wanna build another one this computer is AMD 2.6 XP athlon.. with 512 RAM and 40 gb hd and 128 fx5200 Video card with Asus KD7 Motherboard its a great computer no problems cept i want a gaming comp and dont really wanna build another one just wanna buy one.

Yes. just like what pizza the hut said, you would be saving some money, or could get better graphics card if you build your own computer. If you read some articles or two about making computers you'll be good to go to make your own computers. Computer parts come with warranties so if it goes wrong you can always get a new one. (ex. www.newegg.com allows you to return your order and get a new own if it isn't working 100% gurantee.)

If you want a gaming computer, i seriously think you should stay away from any graphic cards with 128mb ram or less. and also, we HAVE TO know what kind of 256mb graphics card it is. If it's a 9600 256mb, it would be like 100 times slower compared to x800 256mb. do you get it? if it's precustomized, you have to pay them for their work and they charge you extra on stuff you don't even know. it's a hidden fee.

I just looked at the specs of that computer, and it is ubelieveably overpriced. That computer is about $1200. Here is a great system for just a bit more that would perform far better:

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3500+...$284
Motherboard- Asus A8V Deluxe...$129
RAM- 1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200...$220
Hard Drive- Western Digital 160 GB SATA...$99
Video Card- eVGA Geforce 6800 GT...$405
Optical Drives- Sony DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive...$38
Sony CD Burner....$24
Case- Antec Performance Plus w/ 430 watt power supply...$114

Which comes to a grand total of $1313. I know that is about $100 dollars more than the computer in the link, but man it would perform so much better. I think you would see the biggest difference in the video card. The system I just listed would give you fantastic gaming performance. In my opinion, it would be worth the extra 100 dollars. Opinions anyone?

hell ya. i would definitely go with pizza's idea.
that computer is like 3 tims better for gaming then the one you wanted.

well if i did build another computer i would probally would want to buy the parts from Tigerdirect.com cause i trust them better then any other company... all the stuff ive got from them has never messed up once... they seem like a good quality company.. so from their site whats a good set up for a good computer system?

Well ive compared alot of different sites to Tigerdirect.com and Tigerdirect seems the lowest... Tigerdirect has the A8V Asus Motherboard plus the AMD 64 3400+ for 299 dollers all together it seemed like a very great deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom