Unsure of what is wrong.. Possible compatibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexzhere

Beta member
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX450WFGMBOX - Processor

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Memory

Newegg.com - MSI 880GMA-E45 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Motherboard

Newegg.com - APEVIA ATX-JV650W 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supply

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE98512GTOCPE GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Graphics Card

I have Windows XP, obviously 32 bit. Not sure if that matters..

The problem seems to be in the video. When I turn the PC on the fans run on everything, the disk drive boots on, CPU fan, the works.

But I can't seem to get a display on any of the monitors I've tried. I've tried two HDMI cables and two DVI adapters with no luck.

I'm really at a loss here guys.
Any help at all would be hugely appreciated.

Just looking at your parts I'd say the Apevia power supply is a prime suspect. Just because a few fans spin up it doesn't mean it's good.

Did you plug a power connector into the video card?

I hope the problem isn't the video card as BFG is no longer in business, when did you buy this stuff?

I've run into this problem alot at work in the past, if it isn't the cables your using try plugging it into the back of a different monitor, sometimes they have bad connections depending on how old they are and how long they have been used. If that doesn't work you may have a bad card.

I've tried both of those options. So I'm going to assume it's the video card.

If that doesn't work, are there any other suggestions?

EDIT: I didn't notice the mention of a power supply issue.
I didn't realize a power supply could have negative effects on a system, bit of a comp tech noob. :p

I've tried both of those options. So I'm going to assume it's the video card.

If that doesn't work, are there any other suggestions?

I didn't realize a power supply could have negative effects on a system, bit of a comp tech noob. :p

Just pull the card out and enable the onboard video.

I'd try to find another PSU to test.

Apevia is terrible. I've seen one that took out the rest of the computer when it failed.

Like alexzhere said try another PSU.

Sadly you chose the worst place to go cheap. A bad PSU choice can ruin your entire build.

Amen, Abstract. The cheapest can actually cause you more money. In that you'll have to spend money on something to replace it more often.

If you don't have one, we highly recommend Corsair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom