The Reconstruction of Sable

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dock at the top? RocketDock. The bottom one is Yahoo! Widgets (the clock in the upper left of the right screen and the weather widget in the upper right).

looks like it's time to whip out the dremel :p

have you noticed any difference in temps?

Actually, no... but I was running my old case with the front open and a 120mm fan rigged up in the 5.25 bays. I am getting the same temps with my case all buttoned up and the fans on low.

Yep that rocketdock was it. Thanks.

No problem. I used to use ObjectDock, but found RocketDock to use less resources and respond quicker to boot.

I just hate having icons on my desktop. The second tile on the dock is Desktop Shortcuts; it opens up a file on my C: drive where I drop all the desktop shortcuts. If I need to get to one, I hit the dock and scroll to it.

Of course, you always put your main ones on the dock itself.

Another good one is to use a tile to pull up your downloads folder(s)/drive(s). I use the crap out of that one.

Hmmm... I may have to do a review on my monitor. I think Antec has discontinued my case so a review on it now would be pointles.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who couldn't manage much wire management in the 300. :) I'm glad you posted a pic of how tight of a fit it was for your GTX 260 too, both my 8800gs and 4850 are non reference cards that happen to be shorter than normal so I never really put much though into just how much space a high end gpu would take up.

I just hate having icons on my desktop. The second tile on the dock is Desktop Shortcuts; it opens up a file on my C: drive where I drop all the desktop shortcuts. If I need to get to one, I hit the dock and scroll to it.

Doesn't that replicate the functionality that's already present in the Windows 7 task bar? I don't use icons either and used to use object dock on xp but between pinning applications to the task bar and jump lists I haven't needed anything extra for 7.

Doesn't that replicate the functionality that's already present in the Windows 7 task bar? I don't use icons either and used to use object dock on xp but between pinning applications to the task bar and jump lists I haven't needed anything extra for 7.

Yes it does. I've used a dock for so long that it is just second nature to me now. I tried pinning stuff to the taskbar and it just felt... weird. I never cared of QuickLaunch, though, so I guess that had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom