Razer Orochi Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
-RAZER OROCHI-
razer-orochi-mb.jpg

I've recently purchased a RAZER Orochi Bluetooth Notebook Gaming Mouse and in this review I hope to share my opinions and some knowledge on this mouse that can hopefully help someone down the road.

The Brand:
RAZER has been a very large name in gaming for the last few years and their momentum only seems to be increasing. With many high end mice and keyboards dominating the PC gaming world, it's really easy to be taken in by this cult like following. Among their lineage of performance peripherals lies an "Eight headed serpent Of myth, longer than mountains Whose tail hides the blade." The Orochi.

SUC50174.jpg

About the Orochi:
The Orochi is a hybrid wireless Bluetooth mouse with the optional detachable braided cable with gold plated male connections for increased DPI and Mhz. It is marketed as being the first wireless gaming mouse and is definitely the first in it's class to show such impressive performance numbers. With a 3G tracking laser capable of 100inches a second, this mouse has no problem keeping up with the fastest of gamers and often surprised me in reminder of how subtle and quick hand movements really are. With up to 4000DPI in wired mode the slightest flick of the wrist leads to natural feeling cursor movement, this is an effortless feeling taking into account that the Orochi slides on a teflon feet coated with Razer's signature finish for extra smooth movements and silent precision.

In wireless mode the numbers are still impressive with up to 2000 DPI and 125hz polling. In wireless the reaction time can be as little as 8ms which can often mean life or death in gaming so wired mode is preferred for the <1ms reaction time and 1000hz Ultrapolling.

SUC50175.jpg

Software:

Where the hardware leaves off the software almost perfectly picks up. The very easy and very customizable interface allows for multiple macro profiles, complete button assignment to all 7 buttons and wheel, and a choice sensitivity options that are capable of being changed effortlessly with your choice of macros. This mouse also features it's own memory bank featuring effortless swithing between machines as the Orochi remembers your layout rather than having your PC do so.

The downside to the software is it isn't quite easy to install when windows wants to use generic drivers and the mouse must be installed for both wired and wireless separately. There is also the downside of loss of on-the-fly DPI control and some macro controls while in wireless mode.

SUC50176.jpg

Form Factor:
The Orochi is exactly what you expect from a wireless notebook mouse. It's small and identical in size as compared to a HP Eco comfort mouse. The buttons are very comfortable to the fingers keeping them centered on the buttons and the wheel is smooth but very easy to spin despite the lack of any grit.
(Approx. size in mm: 99(L) x 67.8(W) x 35(H))
However I do not recommend this mouse for those who require/prefer a palm rest as the Orochi has a very short length and with larger hands can cause discomfort for those who enjoy engulfing the mouse with their whole hand.

SUC50178.jpg

Pros:
-Small size
-Hybrid connection
-High performance
-Smooth control
-Superb packaging, goodies, and carrying case
-Cool looking

Cons:
-Small size
-Finicky software

-Limited wireless features (DPI, onscreen display)

Final Thoughts:
If your looking to game on a laptop and require a small portable mouse that makes no compromises look no further. I will truly hold the Orochi and Razer as a standard now for I am very pleased with the product and despite its minor faults I highly recommend it.

5/5

Sources Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers. www.newegg.com

Nice one mate! Only suggestion would be make the heading a little bigger maybe? I like how you noticed we use 800x600 pics in reviews too lol

edit: can't give you rep again until I 'spread it around' some more

Haha sarcasm on my huge header or do you mean the sub sections? Ya Slay had to call me down on the pics but now I know for my next one.

Thanks for the praise. I'll have more coming soon.:big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom