0x0000000a.....0x0000007c (or c7 i forget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatscotch

Solid State Member
ok so weird stuff here....

Msi 870a-g54 mobo
1x4gb mushkin ddr3 10666
AMD phenom ll2 x4 3.2 calisto black edition
WD (some color and 3 years old) caviar system 160 gb
WD blue caviar 1TB storage
650 pwr sply
sony dvdrw DL +/- drive
Nvidia geforce 8800 GTS OC 512

and the BSOD's above normally come after playing fallout New Vegas.....after it crashes and then apparently makes my system unstable cause my comp BS after that. but also Iexplorer has started causeing crashes too. Originally I was having the same issue. so I had to get new ram. this one is ok so.....WTF!? More BSOD errors to come I'm gonna try to get as many as I can but taking a pic before it dumps and reboots is hard. Let me know folks. this is all new stuff and it makes me wanna cry. PS not for nothing but with 4 gigs of DDR3 I'm not impressed with the speed. Are my timming screwed? do I need to make my comp work harder to equal the rams ability? I dont know anything about OC'ing but this mobo has an insanely easy system I just need to know what values are best. Thanks people in advance. Later

We need to know the exact Stop Codes. It could easily be an overheat. Get HWMonitor and post a screenshot of it on here.

running your memtest86+ before I go to work. I'll let you guys and gals know around 4pm SEST how it went

ok so.....I have only one stick in there.....its a 4gb mushkin 9-9-9-24 (which for the new ram I'm not sure how good that last timing number is, I'm used to ddr...thats right people I jumped over ddr2) After about a 7 1/2 hour test (8 passes total on the default test setting) I have come up clean. I'm starting wo wonder about my graphics card as an issue but I'm not sure. you folks need to do the thinking for me cause at this point I'm stuck. I'll get some more BSOD's up later since I have gotten a couple different ones (Page_fault_in_non_(something)_sector i think was one.) To note. I have run Chk Dsk and also have come clean. Thaks again for the help folks

~Scotch

Please show us a screen shot, and upload your minidump files from these blue screens to a site and direct us to the download link, random bluescreens are almost indicative of bad memory, or something else could be bad, have you tried to relocate your ram stick to another slot? Are you sure your motherboard is fully compatable with a stick that dense?

ok I'm gonna have to get aquainted with this program you guys are talking about , I've never used it before. anyways, I'm not one to have refferencedmy dump files as I haven't found a sufficient program to run it. nothing seems to be compatible which beg the question to me, why is there not a aprogram to READ the file the the comp. it came from Wrote that FILE! I can write it but cant read it? WTF....I'm sorry, Its drives me nuts sometimes. se I'm a very scrutinus person so I've found some of the best programs to use to do my dirty work of fixing comps and with this I'm stuck beyond my means or knowledge. I'll get the program and try to get those files you folks need. Takke care and have a great weekend.

~Scotch

PS anyone know how to keep fallout NV from crashing after about 15-20 mins of playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom