PLEASE help needed...Im a nub

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwynboy

Solid State Member
I have this new game that I am trying to play...but when I hit the setup icon I get this error...Can anyone help me? Please?

C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

There have been a lot of these problems lately. There must be some sort of plague on the web messing up people's autoexec.nt files. Look and see if you have a copy in your C:\Windows\Repair folder, and if you do, copy it to your System32 folder. What game is it you are trying to play?

"The Plaque..."

I've never heard of a .nt file. :confused: I think that the problem is that theres some trojan horse going around changing system file's extentions! That's supposed to be called Autoexec.bat! Not Autoexec.nt!?!? :eek:

You should search your computer for the file name and try to change it's extention. :cool:

Re: "The Plaque..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
I've never heard of a .nt file. :confused: I think that the problem is that theres some trojan horse going around changing system file's extentions! That's supposed to be called Autoexec.bat! Not Autoexec.nt!?!? :eek:

You should search your computer for the file name and try to change it's extention. :cool:

In Windows 98, its autoexec.bat, but in Windows 2000/XP, its autoexec.nt!!

Re: Re: "The Plaque..."

beedubaya said:
In Windows 98, its autoexec.bat, but in Windows 2000/XP, its autoexec.nt!!
[Ultimateley embarrased=EXTREME] Oh Sh*t! I really need a new computer!!! [/ultimateley embarrased] :eek: :eek: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom