Best gaming computer in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hey sup.
Okay this might seem a little crazy, but if somebody has free time, can he list pieces ( cpu, mobo etc ) that are compatible and will make the best gaming computer ever? When budget isn't necessary ( infinite cash :p ). I'm assuming processor will be i7-980X, Crossfired HD 5970 but maybe not.
So it's like this, Someone who's a billionaire and wants the best gaming computer ever that will stay ages.
Let's see some crazy builds!

Don't know if they make this for i7, but dual CPUs?
Crossfire! HAHAHA! Ever seen 4x Crossfire?
As much RAM as you can pack in there.
Like 10x 2GB in RAID1?
Water cooling to the MAX?
choices are endless, bro.

Crossfire! HAHAHA! Ever seen 4x Crossfire?
It isn't possible to put hd radeon 5970 in 4x crossfire since each card is a dual gpu, am I wrong?
I know choices are endless, but who can put one actually together? :D
You know, if you're like making a build in a list.

SR-2 with 2 Hex Xeons water cooled
48GB of Ram (all it can handle)
4 580s 4-Way SLI
2 IoXtreme PCI-E SSDs in Raid 0 for OS and a few games
PCI-E Sound Card (possibly something Xfi like the Forte, or a better PCI-E sound card)
All 4 cards water cooled to leave room for 3 extra PCI-E slots (The 2 SSDs and sound card)
8 Sandforce based SSDs Raided for programs (onboard ports)

Bout all i can think of. Now that i think about it though, i dont think there are enough PCI-E Lanes for all 7 slots to be running like that (at least 16/16/16/16/8/8/1 configuration)

i don't really remember where, but i think i read somewhere that there was this asus pci-e extender thing that could adapt 2 pci-e slots to 4 slots (?), along with an nf200 chip for extra pci-e lanes. something like that, i know i saw it somewhere...

do you think that build would warrant dual psu's 0_0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom