Computer Shuts off Consistently Every other Reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiboopi

Solid State Member
Why every other reboot, and not every reboot?

I've just built my first computer, and for some reason it's now doing as the title states. I unplugged and replugged in all of the cables making sure they fit tightly.

Are the case fans supposed to be plugged into the christmas-light-like SATA cable? That's the only place they would obviously go. What I mean is the cable has the SATA plug in, and 4 other plugs, strung out like christmas-lights.

Here is my setup:

CPU: i5 750
GPU: GTX 470 1.2GB
Mobo: GA-P55A-UD3
RAM: 4GB G.SKILL 1600Mhz Dual Channel
Case: Antec 300
PSU: Corsair 650TX 650W
CPU Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS10X QUIET 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
HDD: Spinpoint f3 1tb 32mb cache
Optical Drive: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive
Monitor: Viewsonic 24" 1080p HDMI
ci73 Keyboard
Arctic Silver 5 Thermalpaste

Does this reset after POST, in Windows? Run on bare essentials. CPU/motherboard, GPU, one stick of RAM. Might also want to reset BIOS.

Actually there is no beeping going on, which I found a little weird, but figured some computers don't have it since my brothers doesn't beep, but doesn't have any problems.

I will reset the BIOS and see what happens...

Is it significant in that when the computer does shut itself down, that it shows all master and slave IDE's as none, but when it goes all the way through, it only shows 7 through 9 as none?

Also, I have an IDE cable, but I can't use it since there is no IDE input on the Hard Drive, only the motherboard. The HDD is hooked up to the SATA 0, and the Optical Drive is to the SATA 1 inputs onto the mobo.

When it shuts itself down how do you know all master and slaves are none?

I'm really not sure just what it is that your having a problem with.

I have a PC that when I press the power button it starts, but no beep and the fans and LED lights come on for maybe 5-10 seconds. It will then turn itself completely off and a second later it starts back up and beeps and loads windows. If, instead of shutting down, I restart the PC it works perfectly. But if I Shut it down and then restart it, it goes through the whole start-up, shutdown, start-up routine.

Is this what your talking about? Or something like that? Or is the PC just turning off, instantly. Or is it Blue Screening?

When it shuts itself down how do you know all master and slaves are none
?

Before it shuts down, it shows the mobo screen letting me know what motherboard is loading. It also, on the bottom of that screen, has buttons to push to get to certain parts, like the BIOS by pushing Delete. If I push tab it does the POST, or whatever that I can see what it's loading. When it's loading in that screen it shows which IDE are loading. I switched the two, and it recognizes 2 now, I wish I could take a picture to help out. Even if I don't enter the POST or whatever, after the mobo screen, it goes to a black screen, which on top has the "Loading Operating System...." with a blink cursor that looks like an underscore "_". It then races across the screen and the computer shuts off for about 5 seconds, then restarts and I don't have that problem again. It doesn't get to the Windows is Loading screen, with the colorful 4 colored flag.

I have a PC that when I press the power button it starts, but no beep and the fans and LED lights come on for maybe 5-10 seconds. It will then turn itself completely off and a second later it starts back up and beeps and loads windows. If, instead of shutting down, I restart the PC it works perfectly. But if I Shut it down and then restart it, it goes through the whole start-up, shutdown, start-up routine.

Is this what your talking about? Or something like that? Or is the PC just turning off, instantly. Or is it Blue Screening?

It doesn't matter if I shut down or just restart, it does it every other try. It's not blue screening, and the PC is just shutting off instantly.

Gah this is so frustrating, and I have nobody IRL who knows how to build comps.

Is the clock keeping the correct time? If the mobo battery is dead then the bios won't remember your settings and it will reset to the defaults.

I would RMA the motherboard as that sounds like the problem if it's not the battery.

Yeah it is, in fact I reset the BIOS how the manual said to. Everything seems alright except that one problem.

I just removed one stick of RAM. When I restarted the computer, all phase LED lights were on, and the computer stayed on for quite some time, although there was no video this time. The monitor didn't show the usual mobo logo or anything, but the computer did stay on and didn't shut off like normal.

What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom