New member Jim2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim2010

Baseband Member
Hi all. The name is Jim Andrews and I am neew to the tech-forums site. I am hoping to get some use and education through this site on many differing aspects in the tech world. Hopefully I can learn a-lot and help some too.

I have just graduated form the University of Phoenix with an associates degree in information technology. My main goal was to learn more about the IT world and familiarize myself with some of the newer technology and protocols. Visual communciations was my major and it covered networking, page developement, html coding, photo implementation and a lot of technical writting.

Hopefully I can answer some questions or atleast be of some help to others out there that need a little assistance. I realaly look forward to sharing and comparing with everyone. So help me out and please be patient with my green ways.
Any help would be of assistance.

Thanks, Jim2010

Welcome aboard, Jim.

I, too, am a UoP alumni. I earned my AA in IT. It was supposed to have been focused on networking but the ditz who set me up gave me the wrong classes. They finally figured it out six months in when I started asking why I was taking certain classes. I would have had to re-take everything to go with Networking so I just stayed put and went on with plain IT. It hasn't helped me in the least so far due to the economy, but the diploma looks nice. ;)

Thanks kmote'. Whats it take to be a Super moderator? Where can I go to learn more about computer component specifications, besides reading a lot of magazines. I would like to know more about things when I read posts from others, without annoyingly asking, "what the heck are you talking about?", cuz then I feel like a spammer. I pretty much figure Ill loook around and only answer questions I have feed back for.

It has been a desire of mine to do a computer build from left overs without spending too much, cuz then I could have bought one. Any ideas of where to start? I really dont do too much, but thought it would be interesting to be able to built a comp that could get me up to running a RPG from my pc (bigger than Star wars).

I dont know Like I said really new to the languages of computer techy, but know enough to confuse the rest of my family. Anyway thanks for hearin me ramble.

Can I add you to the list of friends? What are your specialties?

Do you mean what does it take on a daily basis or what does it take to become a super mod in the first place?

To learn about component specifications, go to the online retailer sites like newegg and take a look around. Then take a look in the building sections of this forum and see what the experienced members are recommending. If you have a question and you don't think you can find the answer searching, then you can start a new thread.

Where to start would depend on what left overs you have, they may or may not be compatible with each other. You could start a thread in the building for general computers section listing the parts you have, intended purpose for the computer and budget.

We have a really good community here so if you engage with them you will get plenty of friends, and that includes me if you like. The best way to get to know everybody (and have them get to know you) is to start posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom