Gaming Performace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkferrit

Beta member
I'm new to computers, so i'm not very experienced. :cry:
I have a newish pc, about a year old.
It has a N7AD-sli mobo,with 2 Nvidia GeForce9500 gt 1gb video cards (even though i heard 9600gt is better and cheaper), 8.00GB ram, Intel Core2 Quad processors, and the case design is Foxconns TLA-397. It cost around £900; it's all installed and ready, i've overclocked the video cards (for all that i know i've done it right).
I don't have an SLI connector on my video cards, but i have SLI Enabled on the nvidia control panel, if that makes any difference.
The main game i play online is world of warcraft, and all i get, when having it the only programme running, on lowest settings, in no action is 20fps, and in action around 6-7fps... it's quite a dissapointment. I've also read that wow is more a CPU based game, yet i cant overclock my CPU because it won't let me change the BIOS. I still need to reset the Cmos to access it, which i will do soon.
Is there anything i should do i improve my performance that i don't know of? My friend has dual Nvidia GeForce 7200 GS PCI-E, and he has around 70fps on WoW?
Any help? :umm:

Your CPU isn't the issue. In order for SLI to work properly you need to connect the card. Since you do not have the connections turn SLI off and set the other video car as a dedicated physx card. You don't have a bad computer. While your graphics cards are dated they can run WoW easy, when set up correctly.

To set one video card to Physx go through the Nvidia control panel and there should be an area to set it up.

I've overclocked some more and turned my fans quicker, im running at around 30fps now. I've turned my 2nd card to dedicated PhysX aswell. And my drivers are all upto date, using DriverChecker.

Eh, I didn't tell him to do it because Physx helps WoW I just know in certain cases an SLI like that can hamper performance.
But I appreciate the crude criticism?

Glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom