I think it's over heating¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebx902004

Baseband Member
Hey, My computer is randomly freezing not slowing down at all it will be running fine and then it just freezes also if i leave my computer on for more then 5 hours it just freezes and dosn't give a signal to the monitor i have no clue i think the video card is over heating becuase it freezes faster when i play a game or use my video card to a higher level.

Please help this computer really needs to stay on 24/7

My vid card : Radeon 9600xt

It sounds like a catalyst driver issue. Try cat 4.4. I have been trying to find the best cat drivers. And this one seems to be it. It does not crash my pc, no hang ups or vpu errors. But I score alot less on the 3dmark than the cat 4.10. i am hoping that 5.1 will come out soon and solve alot of problems. That should solve your problem. Other wise try doing what you do normaly and take off the side of your case, and see if you still have the problems. If you do, do what i suggest above.

See this is where I believe nvidia excels over ATI as it seems ATI always has a ton of driver issues...I've never had a computer freeze or crash because of drivers produced for any of the nvidia cards I've ever purchased......ATI users are always exclaiming 'Oh well these drivers suck, just you wait until the next ones'.....well damn ATI needs to get their sh!t straight and start producing good drivers from the get go.

If you think it's overheating....then umm.....how about you give us your CPU and Graphic card temps? That would be considerably helpful info considering the nature of your question.

See this is where I believe nvidia excels over ATI as it seems ATI always has a ton of driver issues...I've never had a computer freeze or crash because of drivers produced for any of the nvidia cards I've ever purchased......ATI users are always exclaiming 'Oh well these drivers suck, just you wait until the next ones'.....well damn ATI needs to get their sh!t straight and start producing good drivers from the get go.

hmmm. i never noticed that. Now come to think of it, all the questions on vid cards in this forum is mostly ati cards. hmmm.. tricky.. o well, nvidia is gaining popularity because of it's 6800 series anyways :p . Nothing can beat that bad boi.

Now come to think of it, all the questions on vid cards in this forum is mostly ati cards.
Yeah that's what I'm saying man....I just noticed this today....it does seem like you see a LOT more ATI threads with users asking about problems doesn't it? Maybe it's just me and a lot of hardcore ati people :cough cough ag3 cough cough: will hate me and all, but it seems that overall Nvidia is better....seems like they have a better stronghold on their drivers and the programmers who write them are doing a very good job of producing good drivers the first time around. I will definitely agree though about the 6800 series man, Nvidia is gaining insane popularity with that, although I've always liked them. Xbox is regretting choosing ATI for use in the Xbox2 and I know they'll receive a lot of flack about that.....oh well....now I'll sit back and wait for the 'WHATEVER NVIDIA FAN BOY PUNK!' and I feel weird saying that knowing theres someone with the actual username Nvidia Fan Boy lol.

nothing i can do

So your saying theres nothing i can do i have to wait untill ATI releases new drivers i have the newesst set out.

Nubius said:
See this is where I believe nvidia excels over ATI as it seems ATI always has a ton of driver issues

this is where u wiegh performance....driver issues....performance....driver issues....hmmm ;) but what do i know i'm new here

Hey

It wouldnt hurt checking your CPU heatsync while your at it.And I agree about the ATI thingie.Ive had one and would never get another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom