System bluescreens on startup with motherboard drivers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
Hi, ive got a gateway lt20 netbook that i am working on for a friend. The problem was that it would bluescreen on startup and rinse and repeat. it happend when the windows xp loading bar would come up for about 2 seconds. I forget the exact stop code it would display, but it had something to do with the hard drive and i tried the solution of inserting the xp disc and running the chkdsk r command through recovery. This took about 6 hours to complete each time and did nothing to solve the problem. Also the system would bluescreen while loading into the xp disc to get to the recovery console. No error codes were displayed to know what caused the blue screen. To get around that I had to change the hard drive setting in bios to ide instead of acsi (i think it was) and it would boot into the disc. Only on ide would it install windows, boot to the disc, and still has to be on ide to load windows.

That was the booting problem to get windows reinstalled, now when i go to load all the gateway drivers (which are a pain to know which ones are even for my system) I get to the intel chipset driver for the motherboard. There are two drivers on the website for this model and one of them tells me the hardware is not connected to install. The other installs just fine, but when i go to restart I get the same bluescreen on boot and have to start the process all over again. Ive got every other driver installed and the system is running, but it still has to be on ide to boot up and the motherboard driver is not installed. It is also performing really really slow and has audio skips so frequently that music is unlistenable.

What is the problem? this is the weirdest thing ive seen and after spending days on this i know if i install that driver again i will just have to start over.

I have not been able to run a manufacturer test program yet, however, the windows xp error checking got hung up in phase 4 and I had to restart to exit the program (computer didnt freeze, only program). The drive brand is hitachi and I was able to grab Fjdt from the website and attempt to run it, but it did not find the hard drive. I was in a rush to go to work, so i may have grabbed the wrong program.

Also a side note. The system sound is messed up beyond belief. Trying to play music or anything really results in sharp studdering of the audio constantly. I am 90% sure i have the right audio driver installed.

Hm alright i just got in a new hdd for my moms laptop today so I will pop the old one in to this machine (if it fits) and redo again to see.

Ok I just stuck in another hard drive and installed windows again. IMO the setup seemed to go faster, but it did not fix the problem with the drivers. The intel chipset driver still makes the system blue screen on boot at the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom