Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Any one use this? New Mac user here and I love it. There is a few bugs at the moment with "Plex Online" but I'm sure it will be worked out soon.

Plex - A Complete Media Solution

I installed it on my MacBook Pro and my g/f MacBook Air. Very easy to use and setup. Good for people that use Netflix a lot and other things like Hulu and YouTube.

I must say I love technology! I can stream a movie that is on my desktop now from any where, my mac's, ps3, xbox, etc.

You know the more I play with this app the more problems I am running into and last night it locked up my MacBook Pro. As you know this is a new Mac and this is the first time anything locked it up. I had to hard shut down. Made me a little upset so I haven't fiddled around with it much since. Do you have the South Park Plugin installed? When I play a clip I get audio but a black screen.

I'm using the most recent update which actually isn't even considered to be public...but the owner gave a link to download and use it.

That might be your problem. Just use 9.1.2, works fine for me. What OS are you using on your laptop? If you're on Leopard, are you running 10.5.8? If your on Snow Leopard, are you running 10.6.5?

It's 10.6 I'm almost positive. The problem with 9.1.2 is the Plex Online screen would be all black. I would have to go into a folder and delete the system.bundle file and one other file. This was the "fix" until you update the newest one. So I updated. I found out last night my problem with no video was do to using the newest Adobe Flash player. I had to downgrade my flash player to get it to work.

I love Plex...or I should say I want to love it but the support is absolutely horrible. Check out the "Bugs" forum. It's a hay day over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom