Help needed (General gaming pc etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomnia

Beta member
Hi,

I am new here and not very experienced when it comes to building pc's. I was hoping someone could answer my questions. Thanking you in advance. Now, let's get started. The problem is that I want to build a pc but has to be powerful yet so small. It really has to be small because I don't have much space in my room. I was thinking of the following parts:

Case: Antec ISK series

ISK-100: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjUwNg==

Unit Dimension
- 248 mm (H) x 70 mm (W) x 212 mm (D)
- 9.8" (H) x 4.3" (W) x 8.3" (D)

or

ISK 300-150: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjIyOA==

Case dimensions:
- 96mm (H) x 222mm (W) x 328mm (D)
- 3.8" (H) x 8.7" (W) x 12.9" (D

Processor (CPU):

i3 530: Intel® Core

Heatsink CPU:

DYNATRON K1 Socket 1156 Passive Heatsink for 1U Server Chassis, Aluminum: DYNATRON K1 Socket 1156 Passive Heatsink for 1U Server Chassis, Aluminum : AVADirect Custom Computer Component

1U Low-Profile socket 1156 heatsink: Low Profile heatsink/fan f. Intel Sockel 1156 *new*
Motherboard:

DFI MI P55-T36: DFI MI P55-T36 Mini ITX Board Imminent | News Stories - Clunk.org.uk

Videocard (GPU) : HD 5670: XFX ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB Passive Heatpipe CFx Review | KitGuru

PSU:

Fanless Seasonic x400: Welcome to Seasonic USA

other noiseless pc solutions????

I was wondering if this would work also:

PW-200-M: 200 Watt DC-DC ATX

Rams:

For the rams I will be using passive ram heatsinks, I have not decided yet which rams to take.

The only thing that I was wondering whether these parts will fit in one of the cases, especially the GPU; HD 5670? I have been looking for all of dimensions of the parts.

As you can see, almost all parts are passive and mostly have no fans, the case itself will have 2-3 fans to cool, but everything else is just passive, so my goal is also to achieve to have no noise coming out of this pc. Thanking everyone for taking time to answer my questions.

Greetings,

Insomnia

I'm going to have to agree with MoM there are a lot of issues with going this small but expecting so much.

Noiseless is a possibility but I hate to say it but technically size isn't so much of your choice when you choose certain parts.

After looking at your build more thoroughly...

that PSU WILL NOT fit. Even if nothing was inside the case.
That graphics card WILL NOT fit. Ever.
You have 2 coolers listed. Second one is better but heat is still going to be an issue.

Your going to need to think about building at least a micro atx if you want to use this for anything besides internet.

Hmmm, then I'll think do some more research on what I could do best. I would like to thank you both for helping me to answer my questions, thanks.

Your problem, as the other two posters have mentioned is you're trying to go with too small of a case. In reality the first case you mentioned doesnt even have an expansion slot. I'm not sure where you're going to put the video card in there. The 2nd case has an expansion slot but its low profile. I'm not aware of any decent video card out there thats "powerful" that is low profile. Any similar sized case also has no expansion slots, or are low profile. Furthermore I cant find any MiniITX motherboards with any kind of decent onboard video either. The i3 CPU has an ondie GPU, but its not going to compare to the 5670 you mentioned.

What I'm trying to say is that you will need a bigger case. A quick search on newegg found these small-ish cases.

Newegg.com - APEX MI-008 Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 250W Power Supply

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-Q11A Silver Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case - or any of the Lian Li Q11 Cases

The video card you picked out is single slot, but that goofy heatsink hanging off the side also presents another challenge.

Thank you for your reply and wow that are some nice cases. I liked all of the cases (antec, apex and lian li) but I think the Lian Li is the only one who will fit in the room. The Lian Li PC-Q07 is what I have seen and is pretty much bigger then the antec isk-100. Take a loot if you like: LIAN LI PCQ07 Black Computer Case - Cases at CPU
I don't know how but it fits exactly XD in the room that I have for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom