Need a lil' help, please:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Beta member
Hello there, im in need of a little help:) Last week i upgraded my computer with a new MB, VC, memory, and processor. I re-formated my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP/pro. Now im having major problems......

It seems that windows wont save anything. For instance, i set my screen saver to off and when i reboot it the screensaver comes up. I cannot get to windows update, internet is fine, but when i get to the page it says its searching, and hrs later nothing......
Also, programs that i install, like Incredimail, will not "stick" it says its installed all the folders are there that i installed, but windows wont see it so i have to reinstall my programs every time i reboot...EVERYTIME! I click on the icon to load it and hard drive thinks a few seconds then nothing. Windows media player wont work, not just these programs i listed but ALL programs. Was very hard and took me about 10 reboots to install my drivers, this is such a pain in the arse. What do you guys recomend? Re-format and re-install windows? Is there a way to fix this problem without doing this? What do you think is causing this problem in the first place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, im running out of hair to pull ;) :p ;)

thanks!

Alrighty thanks, i'll try to reformat and re install windows. Hey do you guys know if i'll be able to register windows again? Be my 4th time:confused: Last time i had to call a tech to get new #:mad:

the easy way to reinstall windows xp without re-activate the key. search the filename : wpa.dbl within windows( bc i forgot this file in which folder). backup that file to a floppy before format the HDD. That's the file that windows store the product key. After re-install windows xp boot from safe mode and restore that file to his original folder. Good luck. Mate

JASON FUNG said:
the easy way to reinstall windows xp without re-activate the key. search the filename : wpa.dbl within windows( bc i forgot this file in which folder). backup that file to a floppy before format the HDD. That's the file that windows store the product key. After re-install windows xp boot from safe mode and restore that file to his original folder. Good luck. Mate

It is in the windows system 32 folder. you can copy it back in regular windows mode too

Thank you all for your help. I dident catch your posts about saving the cdkey folder posts before i reinstalled it:confused: So i'll haveta call. *but i'll keep that in mind for next time.....theres always a next time*

Anywho....I ended up reinstalling/reformating twice before figuring out it was my new MB drivers that were causing the problems i was having. Everything is running beautifully now, but i have no MB drivers ha!:p Comps running just fine without them for now. Apparently there not digitialy signed by microsoft so theyre not running properly, go fig:eek: Again thanks bunches!

Oh and by the way :D ;) you guys are freaking geniouses!;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom