New Build Help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben123

Beta member
Looking to build my new PC really soon , mainly for heavy video editing. My Old Packard Bell System isnt cutting it anymore :p

Budget is around £1000-£1500 ish.

So , Would i be better off with an i7 920 , or an AMD Hexacore 1090T ?

Also , Are RAM sizes important ? I mean like do i really need 12Gb RAM ? Or would 6Gb do the job ?

Thanks Chaps :)

Well I am pretty much a new builder myself. I just finished my first build and I had a lot of problems LOL. Mainly because I had a SSD that was a bit of a pain to figure out. However as far as RAM goes I really don't think you need more than 6gb. I may be wrong and some of the other experts will be able to tell you better but 12gb I think is way more than you'll need or ever use.

As far as the i7 or AMD I can't really tell you that because I only have experience with Intel. I really like my i7 I have in my new build. It is very fast and is running great. I think it is just pure preference really when it comes down to the processors. But again I will leave that up to the experts to better answer that question anyways.

Good Luck with the new build! Have fun with it!

Thanks , and yeah i've been reading around and having any more than 6Gb before the new windows comes out would be overkill. I can now downgrade My RAM to 6Gb and throw in an SSD boot drive :)

Cheers.

Thanks , and yeah i've been reading around and having any more than 6Gb before the new windows comes out would be overkill. I can now downgrade My RAM to 6Gb and throw in an SSD boot drive :)

Cheers.

SSD is AWESOME!!! I just had my first experience with it. I'm not sure if you have used it before in builds or not but its such an amazing improvement having the OS on it as opposed to a normal HDD. I got a 240gb RevoDrive so I can keep my OS, programs, and games all on it. I don't know if I'd suggest a RevoDrive though it turned out to be a serious pain to get Windows installed properly on it just mainly because the technology for it is kind of in its infancy. But yeah SSD is a great addition!

SSD is AWESOME!!! I just had my first experience with it. I'm not sure if you have used it before in builds or not but its such an amazing improvement having the OS on it as opposed to a normal HDD. I got a 240gb RevoDrive so I can keep my OS, programs, and games all on it. I don't know if I'd suggest a RevoDrive though it turned out to be a serious pain to get Windows installed properly on it just mainly because the technology for it is kind of in its infancy. But yeah SSD is a great addition!

Great , Thanks :) Might go with the 120Gb OCZ Vortex II , Not sure though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom