Question about Newegg Return Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone!

I wasn't really sure where to put this so I decided to put it in this forum. If for some reason it isn't in the right forum obviously feel free to just move it.

I just have a quick question about Newegg and anyone that has experience with their return process. I am already returning my HDD but that was because it was not working. So I talked to someone online in their customer service and got an RMA and the UPS shipping label so it was very easy. The question I have is about one of the video cards I got.

In my original build idea it was suggested that I get a PsyX GTS 450 video card to compliment my HD5870 however because it was a ATI and a NVIDIA (sp?) cards they were not able to run together. There are some hacks to make them work together however from what I've read it actually hurts performance.

So basically I want to know if I can just return it just because I decided not to use it? Like is that what I can say to them? It is under the newegg Standard Return Policy so I am able to return it for a refund or a replacement in within 60 days of purchase. And I want to put it towards another HD5870 to crossfire. So I'd really even take like a store credit of the price. However I just don't know if they will just take a return because I don't want to use it or if it has to be broken. Should I just play dumb and say that the card did not work and return it or am I able to return it just because I didn't want to use it?

Also how do they do refunds? I know they have a restocking fee but do they just refund the money to your card? Do they send you a check/money order? Or do they give you a store credit? Can you request a store credit?

Thanks in advance...

is NewEgg a big reseller in the US, before i came onto this forum I hadnt heard of them lol forgive my ignorance, dont you guys use systemax , we have misco in the uk which is systemax's uk division ?

Well I appreciate the reply but I had already read that. It doesn't really say anything about whether or not you can just return it because you no longer want to use it or decided not to use it or whether it has to be broken to be returned.

Does anyone have an idea about that? Has anyone sent something back to newegg because they decided to not use it or it wasn't the right part or whatever?

Thanks...

is NewEgg a big reseller in the US, before i came onto this forum I hadnt heard of them lol forgive my ignorance, dont you guys use systemax , we have misco in the uk which is systemax's uk division ?

Yes Newegg is a large online retailer of Computer parts and much more. They generally have some of the lowest prices on the web, have lots of sales, and are for the most part very reliable and easy to deal with.

You can return any device that says it is returnable. CPUs are one that is not returnable, only an exchange. You have 30 days to return/exchange a product from the order date. You must include the original product packaging.

NewEgg is da bomb! Seriously, most in the UK get upset once they check out NewEgg as it is not available over there.

NewEgg is da bomb! Seriously, most in the UK get upset once they check out NewEgg as it is not available over there.

yeah they are very keen on price after I just had a good scan, I think our equivilent is something like Ebuyer , the only problem with ebuyer is the staffs lack of knowledge and the returns procedure can be like watching paint dry lol

Well I appreciate the reply but I had already read that. It doesn't really say anything about whether or not you can just return it because you no longer want to use it or decided not to use it or whether it has to be broken to be returned.

Does anyone have an idea about that? Has anyone sent something back to newegg because they decided to not use it or it wasn't the right part or whatever?

Thanks...

It clearly says right in the link that there IS a restocking fee

Standard Return Policy

Return for refund within: 60 days
Return for replacement within: 60 days
Restocking Fee: Yes

Ebuyer and Aria are my top two when helping UKer with a build.

Edit: I thought a replacement doesn't come with a restocking fee. And isn't it 30 days for some parts, 60 for others?

Replacement doesn't, but he just doesn't want it anymore as someone gave him bad info, and thats not a replacement.

The 30day is a limited return policy..... Its all in the link i gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom