need help with pins on xblade case

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah lev2323....I'm sure that happened due to an incorrect BIOS setting for your CPU so it didn't want to run whatever speed it was clocked at previously. So the clearing put it to default and then you'd need to adjust from there. Most mobo manufacturers suggesting clearing the cmos when installing a new mobo and before powering up for the first time so it's worth a shot

That is the funny thing, I hadn't OCed, I had before, but everything was set at CPU default. Pretty much ALL the BIOS settings were at default, except that I had enabled my power button on my keyboard to turn on/off my rig. That is it! All my other computer nerd friends dont understand why it worked!

wait, can u gimme a step by step guide to clearing the bios? sorry to be such a newb, but what's cmos?

Clearing BIOS

This may vary from system to system, please refer to manual.
This is based on the Asus A7N8X-E-Deluxe motherboard

Clear RTC RAM (CLRTC1)
This jumper clears the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM of date, time and system setup parameters in CMOS. The RAM data in CMOS is powered by the onboard button cell battery.

To erase the RTC RAM:
1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Move the jumper caps from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3, keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5-10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
4. Install battery.
5. Plug in the power cord and turn ON the computer.
6. Hold down the <Del> key during boot to enter BIOS and re-enter data, i.e. the Date and Time.

or you could simply power down the system...flip the switch on the back of the PSU to OFF ....put the jumpers from 1&2 to 2&3...flip the PSU on...then back off....put the jumpers where they were...fip PSU back on and startup the system..

Actually lev...I had something similar happen because the dude back when I knew nothing of computers who switched out my mobo...put thermal compound...a glob of it..on the CPU Core and reseated my stock heatsink which had a thermalpad...it got all over the connectors and would just decide to not boot up and clearing the CMOS allowed it too..just like my computer who's battery couldn't stay in I had to clear the CMOS every single time if I wanted to even turn the thing on.

EDIT:
where are the jumper caps on the motherboard ?
Ok this is why you don't buy a motherboard unless you know what you are doing or atleast plan on reading quite a bit in order to fully understand how it works. EVERY QUESTION you have asked thus far man can simply be answered by looking in your manual....I suggest you try that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom