Slow QuadCore! 4gb RAM WIN XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
hardwaremonitor.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You say you have dual channel memory... it looks to me like it set back to single channel somehow. I'm not sure why. Have you tried messing with your timings in BIOS?

Also can you post all 4 slots of the SPD screen?

I havent tried timings in bios .Thats a lil over my head... and as for the rest of the SPD it looks the same as the first one. Identical. im pretty sure i know the location of where to set the timing but have no clue as to the values. I rly appreciate ur guys help.

Something is not right with your memory, but I can't put my finger on it. I would imagine this is where your problem is due to the fact that it is reading it as single channel and your frequency is low as well. Somebody can probably give you better help with messing with the timings in BIOS, I needed help myself some time ago. I don't want to mess you up.

I can tell you it's under advanced>memory timings / memory frequency. You can go and see where it is.

ok thank you very much. if anyone can gimme some pointers on adjusting mem timing and FREQ i wont hold you accountable lol. i spent my whole budget on this and i need to have it running asap. any tutorials ?

1-0-1-0

I made the mistake when i first build it and went 1-1-0-0 . But ive changed it to 1-0-1-0 which is what i believe the manual says

1-0-1-0

I made the mistake when i first build it and went 1-1-0-0 . But ive changed it to 1-0-1-0 which is what i believe the manual says

That's the problem. Try going with either 1-1-0-0 or 0-0-1-1 and see if CPU-Z shows you running dual channel. Most of the time you want the ram to be in matching colored slots.

yup.. u were right. Its now 0-0-1-1 and is running great. before CPUZ and Hd monitor tooks for ever to boot and now its snappy. CPUZ says dual channel Thank you guys a ton! i was really getting scared lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom