Slow QuadCore! 4gb RAM WIN XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detailzmi

Solid State Member
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard (N82E16813131398)

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

AMD Athlon x4 620

I have recently built this pc and the performance is horrible. My single core was faster. I get frequent hang ups and freezes since day 1. I have tried several OS such as ubuntu,fedora, and XP and they alll are slow. Ive updates bios and all drivers are installed. I know its not spyware or anything of that nature so any help would be amazing. BIOS is default but i do know my way around if default isnt gonna be fully functional. Thank you.

Define "slow".

I have that mobo and know it defaults to 1333 for the RAM so you are good there.

What kind of hard drive are you using (ATA or SATA)?

How are your temps? Download CPUID Hardware Monitor to find out.

HDD is SATA.. Sorry Thought i listed it. 500gb Western Digital SATA.
"slow" meaning lags,chugs, not able to multitask even simple applications like Firefox + Word Pad. Downloading Cpuid now. ill post soon.

sounds to me like you mabye either infected with malware or a virus, boot into safe mode and run malwarebytes and also combofix to remove any rootkits

i know for a fact its not a Root kit or malware. ive reformatted several times with fresh copys of Windows, Fedora,Ubuntu, and Knoppix. Its most certainly a H/W Config or compatibality problem but i cant put my finger on it.

its ran like this since day 1 when it was first assembled. and no internet connection was present.
its probably only 60days old. i do appreciate all input tho Ciz i can not figure it out. Im pretty dissapointed in my first build.

Your right a format or OS change does rule out virus'. Failed to think correctly that time around lol.

WOuld you mind downloading CPUZ and HWmonitor and posting some screenshots?

hardwaremonitor.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

cpuzscrn1.th.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom