System Build; I need someone to double check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you can buy windows 7 off of ebay like I did, 99 for home

My comps specs will be (its being shipped)
i7 core 950
ASUS Sabertooth X58
G. skill 3x1gb running at 1600
HAF X
Caviar black 500gb from Western Digital
Bulk Optical drive
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Windows 7
850w PSU from Corsair.
If your interested ill give ya the links for this
also an anti-static wrist strap could help, and remember to have all the coords needed.
1230 bucks, 6870 and Windows from ebay.

Too late, I got it 2 days ago on Wednesday, oops 3days now, its midnight -.- I just read how OEM is for System Builders only and apparently that excludes people like us who build these computers for our own personal use...

Uh... I'm fairly certain that OEM products are entirely legal for our use :confused:
I think that by "system builders only" it means people who built their own computers, as opposed to someone who bought a pre-built 5 years ago and wanted to put Win7 on it (who knows why).

OEM is also available to the public and is meant to be used by those who build their own system. Technically retailers are only supposed to sell it with either a pre-built or along with the components needed to build a computer, but these regulations have been relaxed quite a bit over the last few years. OEM copies still carry the same restrictions as those that come from PC manufacturers in that they are tied to a single computer, period.

OEM is also available to the public and is meant to be used by those who build their own system. Technically retailers are only supposed to sell it with either a pre-built or along with the components needed to build a computer, but these regulations have been relaxed quite a bit over the last few years. OEM copies still carry the same restrictions as those that come from PC manufacturers in that they are tied to a single computer, period.
If my HDD crashes I still can install it to a new one right? The software doesnt include something so that you cant use it again after an install right? Its only just legal words correct?

This article was what I was refering to Is it OK to use OEM Windows on your own PC? Don't ask Microsoft | ZDNet

Read the little highlighted bit under the diagram. It says that if a person builds his own computer, he can use the OEM software because he is technically a "system builder".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom