Should I buy these computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

iOblivionK

Beta member
So I'm kind of new to PC gaming I usually play my Xbox 360 but I found a pretty fun game that I played at a friends house. Just wondering if either of these computers are worth buying for games. (I don't have much cash to spend on a computer atm, I'm out of work.)

Computer 1:

Compaq Presario Desktop
AMD Athlon II 160u Processor
Windows 7 Premium
4GB Memory
500GB Hard drive
(And a recommended graphics card preferably in the $0-$65.00 range)

The game I want to play is Genesis A.D.

Computer 2:

HP Pavilion Desktop with VISION Technology from AMD-Premium
AMD Athlon II 635 Quadcore Processor
Windows 7 Premium
6GB Memory
750GB Hard Drive
(And a recommended graphics card preferably in the $0-$65.00 range)

Just a heads up- you look for advice on a pre-built on this forum and pretty soon you're going to build your own!

What's your budget? I'll show you what you can build at a comparable price point ;)

Just a heads up- you look for advice on a pre-built on this forum and pretty soon you're going to build your own!

What's your budget? I'll show you what you can build at a comparable price point ;)

I've only built one computer in my life and it was when i was like 15 years old... But
My budget for a computer is pretty low atm, probably $300-$550 or something.
If it's possible then let me know!

That should be doable :D
It's not going to be playing anything maxed out, but it'd definitely be better than a prebuilt xD
Lowest-End:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! -Mobo, CPU (Athlon II x3), RAM (2GB DDr2), Case, PSU
Newegg.com - PowerColor AX4670 1GBK3-PH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card -HD 4650
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive -Caviar Black 500GB
cheap ODD
That puts you in at just over $350, but it's not very forward-thinking and is pretty much already outdated. This is just an example of a cheapest build possible.

Here's a better one that fits the budget:
AMD Phenom II x3 BE and 890GX mobo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
HD 5570 and Win7 pro: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Raidmax Smilodon case, 500w PSU, and 4GB DDR3: Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply
Cheapo HSF: Newegg.com - MASSCOOL 5F9001B1H3 80mm Ball CPU Cooler
Caviar Black 500GB :Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Cheap ODD: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
That's still a cheap build, but it includes Win7 pro, Phenom II x3 black edition CPU, up-to-date and 100% upgradeable motherboard w/SATAIII and USB 3.0, 4GB DDR3, a modern DirectX 11 GPU, and is around $450 (I think). Not bad ;D

BTW if you don't mind spending a little more, go with a better GPU. You can afford as high as an HD 5770 or so with the extra $100 and the $50 that is the HD 5570.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom