Problem w/ SSD and HDD working together...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd return it with this much trouble there has to be something wrong with the HDD itself.

That is what I've decided I am going to do. I tried to even hook it up to my laptop. I've got a SATA to USB cable and it detects the HDD and installs all the drivers. I can see it in Disk Manager on my laptop. However when I try to Initiate/Format it an error pops up. I am wrapping it up and sending it back on Monday. I went ahead and ordered another HDD from Best Buy. It is the same one except it isn't the OEM /Bare Drive version. I think the only difference is the Bare Drive doesn't come with the manual and what not. IT was actually a great deal it was only $60.00 with shipping but I went ahead and upgraded the shipping because of past experiences that will sometimes take up to 2 weeks for it to get to me. Still it was only $77 total. So if anyone is in the market for a new HDD I'd check out Best Buy right now. $60 for a WD 1TB Black Caviar HDD seems like an awesome price for a brand new one. And it is the version that comes with manual and all not the OEM.

So hopefully I will end up with two working 1TB HDD's by the end of all this. I just figured by the time I return this darn thing and have them send me one back I'd probably get the one from Best Buy quicker.

I guess for the time being I can just use my computer with just the SSD. I can basically do everything with it. I just won't have a ton of space beyond what I want to have on it program wise. So I will need a HDD eventually. Hopefully it was just a problem with my HDD this whole time. I guess I will find out once my new HDD gets here.

I have never returned anything to Newegg before. Could someone with experience advise me the best way to do this. I kind of think I may have caused part of the problem with the HDD but at the same time I think a lot of it was a problem with the HDD when I got it. I think they will just exchange it. Do I have to call them ahead of time?

Well I'm glad you found a good deal I know this build is tolling on you.

I'm pretty much positive there is something wrong with that HD. Thankfully you do have that SSD.

Well I'm glad you found a good deal I know this build is tolling on you.

I'm pretty much positive there is something wrong with that HD. Thankfully you do have that SSD.

LOL. Well I don't know if I can say thankfully LMAO. After the h-ell that thing put me through I don't know. I will hope that the new HDD I bought from Best Buy ends up working and it isn't some kind of combination problem with the SSD and the HDD or even with Windows itself. Who knows this is not a good beginner's build. If you are a beginner DO NOT I repeat DO NOT Get a RevoDrive even if you are experienced I think it is a bad idea. It is fast and what not but my god it is a pain.

As far as returning to Newegg does anyone know what the process is like? Are they good about it? Is it a pain with them? Basically what is the process like? I think the only option I have is to exchange it for another HDD which is fine I'll end up with two 1TB HDD's and I don't think I'll ever run out of room. I will just have to hope the new one(s) work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom