Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyron92

Beta member
So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

I found a cheap deal on tiger direct for http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...CODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would that board be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.

First off, Intel boards aren't that great. Then if you are gonna use it for gaming, and it looks like you are doing some hardcore gaming because you want to get that 580 (kudos for choosing Nvidia) then you might want an i7. It will be a little bit more expensive though. I don't really think I can keep it under $700 so I will give you what I come up with.

CPU/MOBO: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! (Here is a i7-950 and ASUS X58 combo. I do not normally go with ASUS but with the combo it is a good price. And eVGA doesn't make cheap boards.

RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (Your budget kind of limits the type of ram you can get. That is what I came up with.

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CASE: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (Seagates tend to be the worst hard drives.)

Optical: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - CD / DVD Drives (Not sure if you need it)

That is it unless you need an OS. Sorry I couldn't keep it under $700 but it will set you ahead and you won't need to upgrade as soon.
Total Cost - $755.94
Hope I helped a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom