Upgrade or rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to do something similar for my Dad's Pentium 4 system and every place I have read says the i5 is better for gaming. If you do go the i5 route, make sure you get a quad core. With the parts I picked out, it comes out to around $350.

Here are the parts I am considering:
CPU+MOBO

G Skill 4gb DDR3 1600

Since you can spend up to 500, you can probably get 6gb's of ram instead of 4gb's.

Just curious, is your original machine custom built or a prebuilt? What case do you have?

thanks for the reply.
My machine is custom built I am using a nice big gigabyte case, and a koolance exos2 water cooler. Currently only cooling the processor and NB

well 40 fps lags all to crap when it's on a PC, I don't think you can compare a PC with an xbox system.

anyway since my replies were all moderated yesterday, I had to wing it a little bit, hopefully I made some good choices.

1 x ($189.99) MB ASUS MAXIMUS III FORMULA P55 R $189.99 (minus $20 mail in rebate.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 x ($49.99) MEM 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL $49.99
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 x ($174.99) CPU INTEL|CORE I5 760 2.80G R $174.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom