Really Need HELP! (In middle of build!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!!! I think the whole time I was just seating the RAM wrong. I just decided to put all 3 of the RAM in and it turned on!!!!

I think the original problem was I didn't have the CPU 8-pin power hooked up then I tried removing the RAM and never seated it properly again. I guess lol what should I do now?

Move in! Get Windows running and ready and than we'll move on to the PhysX. Do you want to try making the current cards work or would you rather return one?

EDIT: I was reading into the PhysX with ATI deal and I have bad news. It doesn't seem like it would pay off performance wise to get this to work. I'm actually seeing it hurt performance. So as said before I would trade that ATI for a Nvidia.

Well I have run into a bit of another problem. Windows is saying I cannot install windows to my SSD? I am not sure if I need to change/fix something in Bios or what?

I have set my Disc Drive to my first boot drive. I am at the actual Windows Install screen where it asks you to pick a drive to install it to and it says it cannot install to it.

Okay now I cannot even get the SSD drive to show as an option to install to. Ever since that first time it only shows my HDD. It says Disk 0 Unallocated Space then 931gb ie. my HDD. It will not show my SSD no matter what I've tried in BIOS. I do not know if I am doing something wrong in BIOS but I've picked the first HDD as the SSD and then the HDD as the second drive. I've tried disabling that drive on Bios. I don't know what else to do?

I got it going. I am posting this reply from my new computer. WOOT!

Now I do have one more problem at least that I can notice at the moment. Well two. First of all even though my HDD is plugged in and installed and what not it is not showing up as a drive in "My Computer" at the moment. I had to change the storage configuration to "RAID" to get Windows to finish installing correctly. I'm not sure if I have to leave it that way for good or if I can switch it back to IDE or if I need to at all.

So I guess any ideas why the HDD is showing up? Is it because the storage configuration is on RAID at the moment or is it because it hasn't been partitioned or whatever?

Onto my second question. When my PC is loading up it keeps telling me, "CPU Fan Error," however the CPU fan seems to be working perfectly fine. Both fans are spinning perfectly fine and isn't making any strange noise, etc, etc. So I don't know if that is some false alarm from the Mother Board maybe because it is an aftermarket CPU cooler or what. Any ideas there? Do that sometimes happen even though it seems like the CPU fan is working perfectly fine?

Thank you so much for sticking with me through all this everyone especially Abstract Hero. I really appreciate it and if it wasn't for everyone here I would have probably quit. In fact I was about to quit but I kept my butt moving and got this thing fixed and I'm so excited. My first build and so far other than a lot of trial and error and some minor things I've explained above I am doing quite well.

And oh my I have to say SSD is freaking ridiculously awesome. The speed is incredible.

Thank you thank you thank you everyone. And help with those problems above will be GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT: Okay well just some more info on the HDD. I cannot get Windows to load unless I have the storage configuration in Bios set to RAID. I tried IDE and the other one AHTI (??) and neither one would load Windows. Is this going to be a problem for my HDD? I had to switch it to RAID when I was trying to finish the install on Windows or else it just kept going to the CD-ROM even if I changed the first boot to the SSD. I guess am I going to be able to use my HDD in RAID? I'm assuming I probably will not be able to. Is there a way I can just run the SDD on RAID and run the HDD on IDE or whatever?

I guess at least I have the computer running for now but definitely need help with this whole HDD situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom