Really Need HELP! (In middle of build!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe I have a case speaker however I went and just hooked some speakers up through the audio jack (I have no idea if that would work the same way) and I am not hearing any beap after removing the ram. Well this sucks I guess it is probably the Motherboard or CPU and I'll have to wait to send it back get things returned if they will even take it if they assume I broke it somehow etc. Maybe I just got in over my head and should have had someone build this for me....

Well anyways if you have any more help or ideas please let me know thanks...

What case do you have? Hooking up regular audio speakers does not work the same way.

Did you hook up any wires on the bottom of the motherboard? If so, have a look at the wires and see if any of them are labeled speaker or something similar.

This is the case I have....

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

HAF-932

I did hook up an audio wire from the front of the case to the mobo. It was labeled AAFP or something like that but I am almost positive it was the audio hook-up. I didn't see anything labeled exactly audio or speakers on the motherboard that I could see.

Thank you for trying to help. I know its obviously hard without actually being here with the computer. I guess I could always try calling a tech repair type guy out that'll cost me $150/hr or something if worst comes to worst.

Ok first try the other video card and see if you get video than. You will not get beeps unless your mobo has a buzzer it might not so DON'T PANIC.

Ha. Well I'm not panicking I'm just discouraged more than anything since I put in all this time not to have it work.

I went ahead and tried out the GTS 450 Video Card on its own and it doesn't work either. I really don't think it is either of the video cards. Both of them have their fans running and what not (I know that doesn't mean they are or aren't working but if it was fried probably wouldn't run). The mobo did have something labeled "Buzzer" on it but it seemed or at least looked like it needed to have something plugged into it to make it buzz. I don't know could be wrong there.

So thus far I have tried this:

Tried it with HD5870 on its own
Tried it with the GTS 450 on its own
Tried it with both the GTS 450 and HD5870 installed trying to hook up to one then the other
Tried removing all the RAM to see if any beeping came which I did not hear
Tried a different monitor (long shot but figured I'd try whatever)

It seems as though the mobo is running. Their is a red light lit up on it. The CPU cooler is working fine. The video cards seem to be running their fans and what not fine. I am starting to believe it is the mother board or the CPU.

I do have one stupid confession to make that may have caused all of this. When I was installing the after market CPU cooler and was going to put the bracket in on the bottom I first attached the bottom metal bracket without putting the rubber bumpers(?? the little round rubber circles) so metal was touching the mobo. I know that is a big-time no-no so I am wondering if maybe that screwed it up?

I guess my second concern would be for the CPU when I was putting it in and then closing the hatch or whatever it felt like I had to use a lot of force (I've heard that is normal so I didn't think much of it) but maybe I had to put too much and it was messed up in the process?

Finally one last thing is when I put the thermal grease onto the CPU, I tried to put as little as possible to cover it and thin a layer as possible but I did see some kind of leak out of the sides of it. Not a lot mind you a very small amount but I'm not sure if that has somehow messed up the CPU?

Anyways I figured I'd try and put that information in their in hopes that maybe I made a mistake somewhere. My biggest fear is with the mobo and the CPU cooler mistake. I did go back and put the rubber on but idk if that caused the problem when I did it the first time.

Anyways any more suggestions are always welcome...

Did you plug in the 4 /8 pin cpu power? Did you use the brass stand offs under the mobo?

According to your manual, which you really should read, you have beep codes AND lights that indicate if theres a problem with a certain part.

Did you plug in the 4 /8 pin cpu power? Did you use the brass stand offs under the mobo?

According to your manual, which you really should read, you have beep codes AND lights that indicate if theres a problem with a certain part.

He did say there is a red light that is lit up.

Um I do not recall plugging in the CPU power. I guess that could be the entire problem however I thought the 28-pin or whatever would power the entire mother board. I guess would that come from the PSU to the Mobo for the 4-pin CPU power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom