power supply and ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlH67

Baseband Member
well this is ingame and isn't its kinda hard to explain

Recently when i been playing cod2/cod4 my screen has been flickering and getting patches on maps and then 2 mins after it would completely crash my system

I got some mates to help me and some said it was my realtek drivers clashing with call of duty also occasinly i had programmes crashing that has nothing to do with gaming. ALso this has only happened on cod2 but all sound has been lost ingame but i can still hear people on the mic in teamspeak.

Another mate said he did some research on my processor (AMD athlon (tm) 64 processor 3700+) and he said my core speed is ment to be at around 1.500V but its currrently roaming around 1.392V. He saying that the processor is closing programmes because it isn;t getting thew power to keep them all open. This has only started recently thought...

So i want to find out what is the problem..how to sort it out...

if it is the power supply how do i turn it up?

if you want to know more
xfire: carlh67
msn: carl_rocks1994@hotmail.co.uk

Firstly Welcome.

Efvery cpu has a different voltage, and the cpu doesn't shut down programs to get more power.

Can you give all your specs.. what video card, psu, how much ram etc.
How old is the computer?

Can you run hwmonitor from CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting and take a screen shot of it. All the stuff it shows.
Run the game for a few minutes while hwmonitor is running before you take the picture.

this is the spec

Manufacturer:
Packard Bell NEC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Hard Drive: 393 GB
Video Card: Radeon X1650 Series
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SB Live! 24-bit
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Motherboard Model: GA-K8N Ultra- SLI
Computer Case:

ermm had it about 5-7 years

hw.jpg

theres screen shot

Get the non pro version if you could... it'll show more.

Its the links below the pro section, its 1.16 version. Sorry, shoulda mentioned it before.

But it is't looking good for your psu right now. Know how to use a digital multimeter?

Its looking bad for your power supply as your 5V should be almost 5 volts. However its currently reading 2.66V and as low as 2V.

A digital multimeter will confirm if these numbers are correct or not as software doesn't always read right.
You can see if your bios reports the power readings. The 12V 5V and 3V should pretty much be those values.

Your temperatures on your video card looks good, so its doubtful its a heat issue.

Power supplies wear out over time like any electrical device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom