System for my gran :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPROTechman

In Runtime
Ok, she's ordering it tomorow ( well I am ) aria (where I buy from) are doing a barebones bundle at the moment which consists of:

What You Will Receive
• AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz Quad Core Processor
• Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 740G (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard with Onboard Graphics
• 2GB (1x2GB) 1333MHz Mushkin DDR3 Memory
• Arianet Mini 727-03B Micro ATX Case
• Arianet 500W Power Supply

All installed, configured and tested by our expert Gladiator Technicians.

What Else Will You Need for a Full System?
• DVD-ROM, DVD-RW or BluRay Optical Drive
• Graphics Card if you want to Upgrade from the standard onboard Graphics Chip
• Hard Drive
• Copy of Your Favourite Operating System

I've got a 500GB Seagate SATA drive/SATA DVD RW drive to add to it, aswell as my own copy of windows 7. (I'll be adding another 2GB Stick in there also (the same one for £20)

It seems the best I could get for the price range, don't you think? ( As cheap as possible)

She's using it for general use ( Web, Email, Youtube)/But she wants a futureproof PC.

And would this monitor Suffice:

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Mon...A+19"+Widescreen+LCD+Monitor+?productId=42327

Total price, including 4GB Ram upgrade - £300.

Or could someone else get me something better from

Cheap Laptops, Computers and Cheap LCD TVs | Ebuyer.com or Aria PC - Computer Hardware, Components, Monitors.. at lowest prices

Cheers lads! :big_smile:

That should be perfect for her. Does what she wants, but nothing ancient.

Hanns-G? Yeah, that LCD is fine. Not my top pick, but still good. :thumbsup:

I think you are alright with what you have, Josh! :D

Alright mate, cheers, I was just worried about it being a cheap-o PSU, we all know the dangers of them -.- But she'd only use her pc for around 2 hours a day and she always switches it off, so i think it should suffice

I didnt know what hard drive to get her, It was either a 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM Seagate barracuda or a 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM WD Blue Caviar.

I went with the Seagate in the end, would it have been a good choice?

That's a good price. You might even be lucky with the PSU and get one from a half decent OEM like FSP.

Yeah I've ordered it her now, Should be here in a few days, then I'll put the drives in and the extra ram, Should be a really nice system, I know it's a bit overkill but the price is awesome and it'll last her for many years to come.

What about the drives though in my post above, did I make the right choice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom