Rate my new build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
So, my little brother wants a gaming rig so i'm thinking about giving him a good deal on what i have now and just building a new one. Give me some suggestions if you would please!

$1300'ish budget

What for: Trying new DX11 games as they come out. Also will be playing a lot of Black ops, wow cataclysm. Want to start doing some serious overclocking, Benchmarking, breaking etc etc lol

Note: I don't need HDD, OS, CD/DVD Drives, Cables, Mouse / KB / Monitor (Keeping old stuff)

What i need need!

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

CPU
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz - $294.99

Heatsink
CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler - $109.99

Memory
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 - $149.99

Graphic
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 - $259.99 (Unless the 560/570s come out before)

PSU
CORSAIR HX Series 750W SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular

Case
COOLER MASTER HAF X - $179.99

With combo deals it comes in at $1259.94

plus i'll save $35.00 in MIR

Suggestions are very welcome! Updating as i see fit. If i like it, ill switch it

I was looking into the other Noctua coolers, but i don't want to have to block my memory, or have to take off the heatsinks.

The extra cash could be obtained.

I was also think of the H70, i love how small it is but, i find mixed reviews on it.

Do you know if the Cooler you put would make me have to change the Dominator's heatsinks?

Just seen the comment about the HAF X.

I have to say, i like the 932 Black better than the HAF X.

I like the full window of 932 Black. And i don't see much upgrades by going with the HAF X

Also your link brought me to my Cart. But i'm guessing it was to the Sabertooth + HAF X + i7 950?

Seen the combo, great deal. i just don't know if i could swap the Rampage for that Sabertooth

Very nice, i love the numbers that was getting for you guys. I have to say the heatsink for this build has given me the most crap. But i always seem to go back to the H70. All the other coolers seem fn HUGE

Thinking of switching to the HAF X - SABERTOOTH - 950.

ASUS Sabertooth Vs. ASUS Rampage III Formula

But is the Rampage III worth an extra $100?

No I don't think so for a gaming build unless you plan on some super crazy OC. Plus the Sabertooth has a 5yr warranty over the Rampage's 3yr.

The build I suggest with the H70 comes out to $1,194.95

Can't help but love those numbers. :p

This is why i come to this site :)

Really think that PSU is better? i won't need more power, don't plan on SLI'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom